Winter blahs....what's the first thing you do and know winter is over

Robhuntandfish

3 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Get urself some dipsys or tadpoles and run cowbells on the bottom

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah good idea.  Just another hobby to dive into.  Lol. Need gear for everything.  Prob only go for lakers maybe once a year in April.  Wanna try to use what ibe already gor. Cause once May hits I live on Oneida lake so I just fish there. Then turkey and then into summer and work on the land lease and then sept want to try early bear and maybe get into some geese this year......etc....etc....and even thinking of a st Lawrence musky weekend..... soooo much to do

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Heck yea I'm going to hit the Hamburg fishing show in March for my last stocking trip. Rerigged the boat with tracks and alum rod holders to get away from the plastics for kings too.

Btw incase anyone didn't know they expect the eye fishing on Erie to be better than last year and something straight out of a fairy tale. Another place I can't wait to get out on again

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Need to get a few guys to go to that show and meet up for a beer after

• Like 2

Forget the eyes on lake E.... The king report is the same on lake O and I cannot wait to get some big chrome in the boat !

Also gonna try and hit chataqua and SMB and give the musky a try too once late summer hits. Did a rookie run on chataqua last year after I got my buck tag punched. Ended up with 1 48" in a couple hour trolling session. Confidence is higher this year with a new chart, new kicker and new gear !

O trust me silver is what addicted me to trolling I'll never forget about the ling. Plan on fishing them alot and even more when they stage....but I live 45 min from dunkirk so a easy trip for me there and the wife loves eating eyes so more fishing time for me lol

Forget the eyes on lake E.... The king report is the same on lake O and I cannot wait to get some big chrome in the boat !

Also gonna try and hit chataqua and SMB and give the musky a try too once late summer hits. Did a rookie run on chataqua last year after I got my buck tag punched. Ended up with 1 48" in a couple hour trolling session. Confidence is higher this year with a new chart, new kicker and new gear !

I spent 4 days total on chataqua looking for musky never caught one.....heres to this year good luck

• Like 1

Winter blahs....what's the first thing you do and know winter is over

I don't get the blahs til it's time to get the mower ready and try to spend as much time as possible getting ready for next season(s).

I would still rather blow it than mow it. I love the winter.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

I spent 4 days total on chataqua looking for musky never caught one.....heres to this year good luck

Buddy lives up in Messena on the St Lawrence in the summer   The Grasse river is a trib of St L  The muskys are stupid thick in there with some slobs. It's all canoe or kayak fishing but something for you guys to consider in making the journey. AND a crap load of bass . Guaranteed bass thumb

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, reeltime said:

what do you guys need for gear?  I have a tackle store worth of stuff that doesn't see water time that I could part with lol. my boat looks like a floating tackle store according to my customers.

Senko's, bass jigs, power worms, crankbaits for river smallies?

I'm a green and bronze fish kinda guy.

Spring has sprung for me, after I pull the winter cover off the boat. And the first time I get sunburned! 

• Like 3

what do you guys need for gear?  I have a tackle store worth of stuff that doesn't see water time that I could part with lol. my boat looks like a floating tackle store according to my customers.
Pm'd !! I'd be happy to lighten your boat for you !!

When I drive my truck, everyone I know, knows winter is over.  It is my toy, and it has never been in salt.  Also, guys at work say it must be a perfect weather forecast since I drove it to work lol.  It's my toy like I said, so I wont drive it even if its going to rain.  

20170819_173333.jpg

On 1/28/2018 at 8:13 AM, stoneam2006 said:

This nice laker came of Cayuga. If you get the chance I highly recommend getting out on that lake if it's anything like it was last year the trout fishing will be awesome again.

All Cayuga fish and that's just a few.7838b7e8d541783e427ffd63f67a4e3b.jpg8e3ced0163e438dadb3fcc4c0715fdfb.jpg3100b91d53eb2331840dcbd4623ea51b.jpgf37513505046a1b0a92f10df6bc0b9b2.jpg28cfcb3da615a7e4da1cf4f159a90f22.jpg

Stone is that a dock on Cayuga at some place a guy rents out? Looks identical to a spot my parents rent