2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

11 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Checkmate!
2 gobblers entered , only one left Not the one I missed other day. I think other was. Took the clear shot and they were getting close and spooky. 891bed5643ac5c573dfe0297d72d4f38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very well deserved bird.congrats and very nice!!!!

• Like 1

Well I got up and checked the weather and after weighing my odds decided to wait for better odds. 

I plan on killing the bird I have been saving for my son because he made some bad decisions and got himself in trouble at school. It will be one of the many lessons he will learn this week while on suspension. I will even save the fan so he can look at it as a reminder to make good decisions in the future. 

• Like 2

Yup , raining harder. Guy who owns property has a sweet cabin so we’re staying dry and listening for gobbles. In all honesty we can work birds from right here. I shot at and shot bird 75 yards behind here

92CD51A1-1802-488C-9F89-9E2D4EDAFEAA.jpeg

Edited by turkeyfeathers

13 minutes ago, E J said:

Bird is gobbling on the ground a little but not moving. We're still quiet.

Use ridges to cover your move if you do, dang , woods are thin. Ground gobbles have been hot 7-9 lately for me. Choot em in the beak 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Is this classified as sleeping in the woods ? Her streak in jeopardy if not 1146ccf947bc0109601cd4f14494b3b5.jpg

What's with all the spent brass?

Woodchuck trouble I'd suspect.......

Liars!!!   I planned my drinking last night on the weather forecast and it JUST started raining here.  Cpuldve had that early morning hunt at my close spot damn that meteorologist.

But a late night with GF and a couple beers and a couple sangria's and I wasn't getting up at 4 am this morn.  Lol. 

Tomorrow it's on in my best spot and gonna setup with a Jake on the woods trail on one side and a hen in the field on the other.   

Good luck everyone

• Like 1