For Those that are Boycotting

fasteddie

15 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

That's a lot of speculation . DICKs has never sold gun powder . Why would they even care ? 

Its not speculation, hes asking a what if question, and its completely within the realm of reason. Dicks currently does not sell any "assault weapons" (at least until the antis change the definition to include other styles of guns) anymore, but they are actively lobbying against them.

• Like 1

I am not boycotting so to speak, the wife was up at F&S on Black Friday and got me a couple boxes of .22LR CHI Stingers as they were hard to find at that time.
They also may be my only option next spring when I buy my small boat if I can't find anything on Craigslist local. They are the only place that stocks the ones I want in my price range locally.

Sorry if people get butt hurt because I don't want to drop $400+ for shipping. I don't mean this part to be mean or rude but not all of us make a lot of money or have a tree that buds money in the yard.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I am not boycotting so to speak, the wife was up at F&S on Black Friday and got me a couple boxes of .22LR CHI Stingers as they were hard to find at that time.
They also may be my only option next spring when I buy my small boat if I can't find anything on Craigslist local. They are the only place that stocks the ones I want in my price range locally.

Sorry if people get butt hurt because I don't want to drop $400+ for shipping. I don't mean this part to be mean or rude but not all of us make a lot of money or have a tree that buds money in the yard.

Why turn this into a "not everyone makes alot of money" thing? You know how much more money Ive spent on things since I stopped going to Dicks? Zero. Ive actually gotten most things for less. The option of just stopping by there and grabbing something has forced me to look online for almost everything, and you can find stuff for the same or less if you look. The only inconvenience has been having to wait a little longer for some things. I have never purchased anything there that my life depended on, so its no biggie.

• Like 2

Frankly, I don't like to see political activism enter into commercial enterprises, no matter what the cause is. But for a store to take a political posture that is contrary to a certain percentage of their customers, seems like they are telling their customers that their patronage is worthless to them. Frankly I will do my business at places that don't have that sort of anti-customer attitudes and behaviors. We get enough harassment from the libs without handing them money to finance their harassment.

However, to be fair, I have to admit that for me Dicks was a place to buy an occasional bowling glove or kid's sports equipment and clothing and footwear. I never saw them as a serious gun store. So I really am not involved in a true boycott. I just never liked the store in the first place. It has always had the "jack of all trades" syndrome, and it follows that they were "master of none". Well, they simply added yet another good reason not to waste my time there. If I miss out on an occasional sale or deal, it won't be the first time.

• Like 2

Why turn this into a "not everyone makes alot of money" thing? You know how much more money Ive spent on things since I stopped going to Dicks? Zero. Ive actually gotten most things for less. The option of just stopping by there and grabbing something has forced me to look online for almost everything, and you can find stuff for the same or less if you look. The only inconvenience has been having to wait a little longer for some things. I have never purchased anything there that my life depended on, so its no biggie.
It's not about money so to speak. It's a reference that not everyone can just boycot everything. You missed my point.

OK, let's make it more about this. When was the last Pro-A2 rally people boycotting went too? I already posted in another thread about the last one in my area, and I'm pretty ticked I didn't know about it to be involved. Boycotting stores IMO, doesn't go as far as actually being involved in protection of the 2A. Get my point now?

46 minutes ago, Rob... said:

It's not about money so to speak. It's a reference that not everyone can just boycot everything. You missed my point.

OK, let's make it more about this. When was the last Pro-A2 rally people boycotting went too? I already posted in another thread about the last one in my area, and I'm pretty ticked I didn't know about it to be involved. Boycotting stores IMO, doesn't go as far as actually being involved in protection of the 2A. Get my point now?

I was down in Albany a couple months ago at the rally. Didn't see you there?

17 minutes ago, grampy said:

I was down in Albany a couple months ago at the rally. Didn't see you there?

Like I said:

"I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT! IF I HAD I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!"

If you knew, maybe you should have made a post about it so more people could have gotten involved. 

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

OH, and for the record, the original post was about the money fasteddie saved by not boycotting DICKs. 

• Like 1

I have been boycotting Dick's since they came out with their new policies and wish we all would. There is no "offer you can't refuse" they can come up with to make me change my decision. My support of gun owners and 2nd amendment rights is not for sale. Kudos to those of you who are boycotting and are sending a message to Dick's.                      valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 6

Rally’s are nice in that they make those going feel good . Power comes from money and votes period . Join pro 2A groups because they look at those numbers as votes for that side , and toss them a little coin from time to time, or better yet buy another membership for friends or family .

Right now based on 6 million Nra members and dividing that by 50 states that comes out to, 120,000 members per state , of course each state red/ blue , and population differences change that , but it’s an average .

In close senate races you think that doesn’t weigh on their minds ?  think if we doubled those numbers !

good post Charlie ! You know the only semi auto long gun I own is a wood stocked . 22, but I understand the end game .

come on though you can get a good deal, who cares if they use your money to pay lobbyists to promote gun you control got a cheap camera.........

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

Let’s focus on the topic boys, so how do you like the stealth cam.. I too may trade in a few, in years past they do different brands every couple weeks

Steve 

I put it out in the back yard for a few hours . It takes nice pics . Gotta put one out in the woods next week and see how it does . It has the holes to run a python cable through which also locks the access door closed . I don't like that so I got out an old long combination bicycle lock and tried that . I can use that lock with a cable and have easier access . 

• Like 2

I won't shop at Dick's or F&S again. Never liked it in he first place and since their political stance is not in the best interest of gun owners I wouldn't go there if they gave me a stealth cam for walking through the door.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

I put it out in the back yard for a few hours . It takes nice pics . Gotta put one out in the woods next week and see how it does . It has the holes to run a python cable through which also locks the access door closed . I don't like that so I got out an old long combination bicycle lock and tried that . I can use that lock with a cable and have easier access . 

My two cams that are 7 years old still take good picts. If I had them here though I would do the same deal an upgrade. 

On 7/27/2018 at 4:59 PM, Rob... said:

Actually I didnt miss your point, but I think you missed mine. It doesnt cost anything to boycott them.

As far as going to a rally, thats all fine and good, but what good is going to a rally if youre still handing money to a business thats trying to take away the rights that you are going to rallys to try and preserve? Taking your business away from companies like that and spending it with other companies that either support the 2nd amendment or at least dont actively try and fight it, sends a financial message to all other companies.

• Like 4

I was told that the Pennsylvania store closed a year ago . The East Rochester store closed July 21 . There is or was an Auction at the ER Store . 
As for not selling to anyone under the age of 21 , it is my understanding that a father can purchase a rifle / shotgun and give it to a son who is under the age of 21 . 
I know for the 8 years I sold firearms we could not sell a firearm to someone knowing that they were going to give it as a "gift" to another adult (18+). As soon as we got that information or a strong inclination that's what was happening we couldn't sell the firearm to them. We could'nt even have a husband and wife come in and one person pay for the gun and the other do the 4473. If it was a "gift" then we would sell them a gift card for the exact amount of the firearm and the recipient would have to come in and fill out the 4473 etc... I'm not exactly sure to be honest if it was a state law or a "rule" above and beyond law by the store owner. I thought I read somewhere that by law, if you buy a gun and gift it to someone over the legal buying age in NY, the recipient and buyer then had to go to an FFL dealer and have the firearm registered to the giftee, to prevent you from giving it to convicted felon.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It probably won't make a damn difference but it makes me feel better to not give money to corporations who don't value our rights and more specifically throw money at taking them away. Dicks won't ever get my money to use against me, I don't care how good the deal is... My 02.

• Like 4

I know for the 8 years I sold firearms we could not sell a firearm to someone knowing that they were going to give it as a "gift" to another adult (18+). As soon as we got that information or a strong inclination that's what was happening we couldn't sell the firearm to them. We could'nt even have a husband and wife come in and one person pay for the gun and the other do the 4473. If it was a "gift" then we would sell them a gift card for the exact amount of the firearm and the recipient would have to come in and fill out the 4473 etc... I'm not exactly sure to be honest if it was a state law or a "rule" above and beyond law by the store owner. I thought I read somewhere that by law, if you buy a gun and gift it to someone over the legal buying age in NY, the recipient and buyer then had to go to an FFL dealer and have the firearm registered to the giftee, to prevent you from giving it to convicted felon.

I don’t think that is what the safe act says. There is an exception on the FFL transfers for between immediate family. I thought they defined it as parent and child or between siblings or between spouses