Stolen fishing gear

BigVal

Guys, I hadn't been around in a few weeks mostly because I've been sick over my boat being broken into and most of my gear being stolen. (Right when I was planning, or trying to atleast put pygmy on some walleye lol, of course). This happened in my buddies lot in Tonawanda but I haven't heard anything since it happened so it's looking like it's gone forever. Just wanted to check in here. 

• Sad 6

Most of the loss was trolling rods and reels, planer boards, rigger balls, an old fish hawk that I actually never used anyway, and a couple bags of spoons, harnesses, sticks. I've been looking on Craigslist it would make my day to see my stuff on there. 

• Like 2

Had a friend of mine get his boat stuff stolen too.  He was going to a bass tournament for active military and stopped to get something to eat and came out and saw some latches open inside the boat.  They took all his rods and gear etc right in the parking lot.   

That just sucks, hate people sometimes.  Take what others had to work for and deserve more than them.  Sorry to hear this. 

• Like 2

I truly dislike the kind of people who would do that. It's just wrong. I hope you can get at least some of your stuff back. Craigslist is a good place to look.

There's an entire section on stolen gear on the arborist site I frequent. A couple guys stop for lunch and all their saws, trimmers and gear are gone? What kind of filthy animal would do that? I'd prefer being physically attacked and robbed at gunpoint rather than have my tools disappear. Again, I hope you can get some of your stuff back.

• Like 3

If it were not for the legal repercussions, I would shoot the bastards without feeling the slightest twinge of regret..

I HATE a thief....If you  piss me off enough, I might kill you, but I NEVER would steal from you...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigVal said:

Unfortunately it will take a while to replace the loss, I'll probably post up some pics of spinning rods on riggers haha. Lesson learned though. 

Val are you located anywhere near Steuben County? I used to troll a lot on Ontario 10-15 years ago. I've got 5 daiwa rods and reels (4 are 1990's vintage). that are collecting dust. I didn't sell them as I still do a little downrigger or planer fishing every great once in a while. I know a couple are fully functional and am 95% sure they all are. They'll need some cleaning up and lurication, but you are welcome to borrow them, for the season if you need to. I'd rather see them make a fisherman operational again than see them collect more dust.

I really hate thieves.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 9

41 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

If it were not for the legal repercussions, I would shoot the bastards without feeling the slightest twinge of regret..

I HATE a thief....If you  piss me off enough, I might kill you, but I NEVER would steal from you...

I'll send your wallet back tomorrow Pygmy. Hehehe...

I just don't understand how people can think it's okay to steal from others. Then again, we may be on the verge of having a Congress who thinks that's entirely acceptable and appropriate. And I'm called "deplorable" for not agreeing with that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good idea I'll look through if I have any but they are some great lakes rods with accudepth and Coldwater reels mostly , to be honest my biggest loss isn't the money on the stuff (which is alot lol) it's the spoons my dad passed down to me he's kinda mad about it too 

Check out some of the local facebook "garage sale" sites also.

I just had a big garage sale of gear I no longer used and my wife posted the stuff there and people flocked here to grab it up. So I know guys look at those sites also for gear.

Good luck !!! 

• Like 1

Just power on through it BigVal. My house in buffalo was burglarized and everything with an electrical cord was taken except my coffee bean grinder.(not sure why they left that) The only thing they stole after trashing my reloading bench was the 20$ Lee beam scale. They left several thousand dollars worth of reloading dies behind on the floor and took a 20$ scale? Hmmmm, wonder what they were thinking.

• Like 2