Too dang HOT

Dom

Ha-ha-ha... It won't be very long before we are complaining about the bone-chilling cold and all the snow that we have to shovel, plow and slide off the road in. Our problem is that we are a state of extreme weather. But these days with air conditioning in our homes, cars, and businesses, the worst that can happen is that we have to walk a little bit from our air-conditioned car to an air-conditioned building. I can handle that a lot easier than watching the snow pile up and wondering if my ATV will be able to handle it. Or worse yet standing on the shoulder of the road looking down in a deep ditch at the roof of my car.

• Like 1

I am really looking forward to cooler temps.  I just don't seem to function very well in high heat and humidity any more. Do just fine in cool to cold temps though. Instead of retiring to Florida, I think Alaska would be a better fit!  The wife says No Way! So we will pick a place in between...........here we are, NY!!!!!!

After moving off "the hill" three years ago, I have MUCH less plowing and shoveling to do. I don't need ten plus cords of wood to get through the winter any more. So much easier now!

Looking forward to night time temps in the 40s this weekend!  Can't wait until the first hunting day this fall, that temps stay in the 30s!!!!

Winter 18/19.......bring it on!

• Like 1

But these days with air conditioning in our homes, cars, and businesses, the worst that can happen is that we have to walk a little bit from our air-conditioned car to an air-conditioned building.

Except for the people that don’t have AC in their homes or places of work or they work outside. I hate the heat but have been ok with it up until now. This last weekend camping out in the heat and humidity was the last straw. I’m tired of sweating I’m tired of not sleeping well I’m tired of the heat and the humidity. Bring on the cooler weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Doc said:

It won't be very long before we are complaining about the bone-chilling cold and all the snow that we have to shovel, plow and slide off the road in.

The first time I have to pull the cord on the Ariens I will be thinking of yesterday and will not regret one minute of being out in the "bone-chilling cold"  I can always dress to get or stay warm but hot there is not a cure for.

• Like 1

Ha-ha-ha... It won't be very long before we are complaining about the bone-chilling cold and all the snow that we have to shovel, plow and slide off the road in. Our problem is that we are a state of extreme weather. But these days with air conditioning in our homes, cars, and businesses, the worst that can happen is that we have to walk a little bit from our air-conditioned car to an air-conditioned building. I can handle that a lot easier than watching the snow pile up and wondering if my ATV will be able to handle it. Or worse yet standing on the shoulder of the road looking down in a deep ditch at the roof of my car.
Better turn into a snowbird then. Winter snow is coming. I'll take one for the team and report on conditions.
86d0f19c13bfa8a35ae983aed4377809.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had open house at the kids HS last night and it was unbearable in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Funny how most of the schools dont have air, but they have money for artificial turf football, baseball and soccer fields.:heat:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

etter turn into a snowbird then. Winter snow is coming. I'll take one for the team and report on conditions.

Will do ! Got a house rented for the month of Feb in Fla, starting off small .

Next year maybe ,longer but the family wants to go to Australia, and that may mess up the Fla. plans, but I hear they got beach’s down under too  ! 

17 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Will do ! Got a house rented for the month of Feb in Fla, starting off small .

Next year maybe ,longer but the family wants to go to Australia, and that may mess up the Fla. plans, but I hear they got beach’s down under too  ! 

sharks, spiders, and snakes all nastier down under.  if you're headed to FL my parents turned into snow birds. feel free to say hi. they're on the gulf 200' from the ocean, if you don't count the channel that leads to their boat lift and back yard.