pitweiler

Who carries a handgun while hunting?

In addition to a long gun, who carries a handgun? I used to carry a handgun, then stopped doing it last year. I think I’m going to carry one again this year. 

I carry my kimber 1911 .45 while bear hunting, otherwise I do not carry one in the deer woods. Never saw the point. Be advised that it's also illegal during archery season, your constitutional rights be dammed.

When hunting with a shotgun for small game I will have a lighter weight compact handgun on me many times.

Al

Serious Dogs For Serious Work

i take 2  50 cal muzzleloader pistols out together no long gun required..

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

What does everyone carry?

Usually a lcp380 in my pocket. Sometimes a Ruger sr9C or A Glock 26,43 or 29 sometimes some other stuff but usually it’s just the lcp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really think the .40 S&W loaded properly would be a decent pistol for close range. There are so many deep penetrating expanding bullets available for the .400 caliber. I’m also throwing around the idea of just using my Glock 23 with my normal carry load- 165 HST.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:43 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

I do but have it has nothing to do with the woods and everything to do with walking out to my truck with an unloaded rifle.

Smart guy right here.

I always carry except xbow hunting. 

When I carry it's to hunt with a handgun. My go to handgun right now is my S&W 629 DX loaded with ether a 225gr FTX or a 240gr XTP my go to powder is H-110 with 296 as my backup. I have found I don't have to trim the cases back to use the FTX bullets they fit in the cyinder on both my 629 and my DW HV8.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yea I can’t say the same, I know it’s the law but...

Concealed cary is concealed carry.... 

• Like 2

I always carry so I do have one when hunting,I have many handguns so I switch them up alot.  In the woods though the main ones are a ruger superblackhawk .44mag,glock 21 or one of my 1911 .45's

I carry all the time, when hunting I usually carry a Super Black Hawk in .44 mag or one of my .357 Dan Wesson's. 

I think I've taken more deer with a hand gun than long guns, closest was 12feet straight down and the longest was 275 yards with a TC Contender in .35 Rem and my own home loads.

• Like 1