What time you getting up for opening day tomorrow?

Hunter007

Legal shooting time is 6:49AM for me. So up by 5, drive out to first choice area, hope the the parking areas are plowed, if so set over looking a small marsh. If not off to spot two, hoping that parking area is plowed. In spot two, according to what they say about wind direction, I get to hunt the top of a mountain with an actual 360* view.

Only have a couple hours as I have to use the wifes vehicle and she has $hit to do.

Edited by Rob...

8 hours ago, Core said:

30 min ATV ride to stand?! Where are you hunting, alaska? :)

5 minute ride, 30 minute walk.  I don't like to bring the ATV within 800 yards of where I'm going to be sitting.  Which is why I'm sitting here chewing on eggs wondering how to get into the stand without getting sweaty......

Boy and I went to bed at 7:30.  I woke up at 1:00 and never went back to sleep (damnit).  Boy snored til 5:00, when the alarm went off.  Were in blind by 6:15.  Shot buck at 8:45.  Dropped at processor, picked up cape, dropped at taxi, had lunch at the Tiny Diner, home by 4:00.  And that includes picking up a half cord of firewood in the truck.  A good day. 

• Like 1

About a month ago my wife surprised me with tickets to see comedian Jim Breuer. I said "Awesome! What's the date?" Replies "November 16". "Uhhh...great..." Well Breuer was great. Got home at 11. Got to sleep sometime after midnight. Up at 4:30. In my blind at 6:34. 

Edited by MPHunter
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Wake-Up 5:00 am, Start-Up van at 6:00 am, Up trail to spot at 6:30 am, Up tree at 6:45 am, Sun-Up 7:10 am.

After all those "Ups" it will be time to "Down" some deer.   

Up in tree at exactly 6:45.  BBD @ 10:00 am: 6-pt (fighting 8 with two tines broke off), Weighed 182 on scale, Chest girth = 42"  will post pics when available in harvest thread.   Passed (3) small antlerless at 8:15.     

It was just like the "A-team" when the plan came together.