What time you eating turkey for Thanksgiving and are you going hunting?

Hunter007

12:00 Turkey dinner for us, my youngest is a nurse and he has to work tonight. He voulunteted to work so nurses with young kids could have it off. He did the same for Christmas and Christmas Eve. No hunting for me it’s a family day.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rob-c said:

12:00 Turkey dinner for us, my youngest is a nurse and he has to work tonight. He voulunteted to work so nurses with young kids could have it off. He did the same for Christmas and Christmas Eve. No hunting for me it’s a family day.. 

Good for,your son ! My daughter ( RN) is off today , but she often will trade shifts for nurses with kids of their own . She’s got four years on and that actually gives her seniority on her floor .

28 years working for the FD, I think I worked 3/4s of the Thanksgivings ,I’d either get there 4:30 ish or leave at 3:30 . Just the way it was no biggie .

Dont Hunt Turkey day anymore, always did if I was off.

Today meal,time is 5:00, so that means 5:30 by past practice , and I’ll be full by then anyways .....

• Like 2

Just turned on the turkey Fryer pot out back and the fire pit is roaring. Gonna be tough getting her up to temp in 20 degree weather but I got myself a full(well used to be full) bottle of whiskey and a pile of dry wood. I’ll manage!

Dinner at 5:30-no hunting for me today- went to my Hs football turkey bowl game this morning, visited my colleague who is in the hospital with leukemia (crazy ass story) and home for snacks and drinks...go get em Bio!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Just turned on the turkey Fryer pot out back and the fire pit is roaring. Gonna be tough getting her up to temp in 20 degree weather but I got myself a full(well used to be full) bottle of whiskey and a pile of dry wood. I’ll manage!

Dinner at 5:30-no hunting for me today- went to my Hs football turkey bowl game this morning, visited my colleague who is in the hospital with leukemia (crazy ass story) and home for snacks and drinks...go get em Bio!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a good guy, I seriously appreciate the enthusiasm! I mean that.

i hope your colleague is doing ok.

• Like 1