Xbow full inclusion??

I don't see how the DEC is going to recoup any money that has been "lost" by low license sales by allowing crossbows for the full archery season. Crossbows are already legal for the best part of archery season. How is adding a few more weeks going to increase sales even noticeably?? That's like saying that when they made rifles legal for the majority of the southern tier gun season that license sales would go up... Doubtful. The people who hunt are already doing it. Quit trying to justify why you want crossbows in archery season by pretending the DEC is losing all of this money and the crossbow is some savior...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I say get rid of all the  individual  seasons and just have one season. Use what you want to. The only reason they have all the individual  seasons is to make more money. Just charge one price say 50$ and use what you want. 

Worst post in the history of nyhunting.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Point being is that DEC is losing money on tag sales. The handicap and elderly already have their advantages set up for their use. Add in the fact that less tags sold because of less hunters adds up to less deer taken. We will probably see a drop in harvest numbers this year along with tag sales. They will need to do something to make more money and also get the deer killed by the less hunters we have left. That will call for Xbow tags sold separate and make it easier for hunters to kill deer. That's two things they need to have....Cash and Kill's!

It probably won’t matter much to anybody just looking at stats, and personally I did just fine as most dedicated hunters did, but this year had some of the worst weather for archery I’ve ever seen and many agree. If it wasn’t for ideal snowy conditions on opening day, we might have had a record low overall. I know it was so good in 8F that Smith’s started refusing deer lol.

Idk I guess I’m fine with how it is now.

I don't see how the DEC is going to recoup any money that has been "lost" by low license sales by allowing crossbows for the full archery season. Crossbows are already legal for the best part of archery season. How is adding a few more weeks going to increase sales even noticeably?? That's like saying that when they made rifles legal for the majority of the southern tier gun season that license sales would go up... Doubtful. The people who hunt are already doing it. Quit trying to justify why you want crossbows in archery season by pretending the DEC is losing all of this money and the crossbow is some savior...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Well not to make you look like the fool that you sound but if DEC made Xbow its own separate tag needing to be purchased it sure would raise them a bunch more money. It would also put more hunters in the woods and it would also keep the harvest numbers somewhat where they need to be. Myself I could give a rats Ass either way. On my properties I can use bow or Xbow all during archery season without anyone knowing any better. Maybe you should look at the big picture and not just one of yourself.

It probably won’t matter much to anybody just looking at stats, and personally I did just fine as most dedicated hunters did, but this year had some of the worst weather for archery I’ve ever seen and many agree. If it wasn’t for ideal snowy conditions on opening day, we might have had a record low overall. I know it was so good in 8F that Smith’s started refusing deer lol.

Idk I guess I’m fine with how it is now.

Your right. Most dedicated hunters. Those numbers are dropping which has been spoken by the horse itself. Time will tell on numbers but I would bet on a whole for the season the numbers will be down again

I couldn't draw my compounds this season and used the crossbow when legal . I still do not support Full Inclusion . 

That's why I also threw in a season of its own. Bow a couple 3 weeks starting the first and then Xbow a couple 3 until gun opens. Then both could have their time and it won't be it the same season so bow could not cry the blues and each would have time. My bet would be the Xbow would sell more tags or just as many as bow. Hence cash for DEC even with dropping Hunter numbers.

• Like 1

I dont know why I'm getting into this but wouldn't most hunters  rather have a better gun season ?

How is a longer crossbow  season help ,  Maybe not going to kill that more deer,  then bows  but  I would think especially on heavily hunted public land    that's not going to make things any easier deer will be spooked more and or pushed off public land even more then they already are . 

But what ever it happens it happens not the end of the  world . 

11 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

That's why I also threw in a season of its own. Bow a couple 3 weeks starting the first and then Xbow a couple 3 until gun opens. Then both could have their time and it won't be it the same season so bow could not cry the blues and each would have time. My bet would be the Xbow would sell more tags or just as many as bow. Hence cash for DEC even with dropping Hunter numbers.

wait are you saying i couldn't use my bow during crossbow? Meaning I get 3 pretty lousy weeks in early october and then I either pony up a grand for a new crossbow or I can't hunt the rut? 

wait are you saying i couldn't use my bow during crossbow? Meaning I get 3 pretty lousy weeks in early october and then I either pony up a grand for a new crossbow or I can't hunt the rut? 

Yup pretty much. You can't hunt muzzle without a muzzleloader? Can't hunt bow without a bow. Will need a crossbow to hunt Crossbow.

3 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yup pretty much. You can't hunt muzzle without a muzzleloader? Can't hunt bow without a bow. Will need a crossbow to hunt Crossbow.

i like you man, but that's a terrible idea. The whole argument for crossbows has been fueled by the idea that hunters deserve a choice. And you want to remove my choice for the best 2 weeks of the season? Why? to sell more tags? dang man... 

It's not up to the DEC. to change the regulations to have crossbows legal though the whole bow season. The state law maker's have that authority and I don't see that happening with the ass hats that will be running the state after January. If it were up to the DEC. crossbow would have been legal in the bow season at lease 5 years a go.

• Like 1

i like you man, but that's a terrible idea. The whole argument for crossbows has been fueled by the idea that hunters deserve a choice. And you want to remove my choice for the best 2 weeks of the season? Why? to sell more tags? dang man... 

Lol. I could see them going that direction to recoup lost income from less hunters. People would pay to get a couple more tags and the Xbow would bring in more gun hunters because if it's ease of use. Add in the fact that they would get the best 2-3 weeks of the season and boom. Success. I can something coming down the pipe

1 hour ago, Belo said:

why don't they call it an arrow then?

I'm pretty sure a bolt by definition does not have fletching... saw this on a crossbow site

"modern crossbows do not shoot bolts anymore; instead they use arrows like the conventional bow. Crossbow arrows may have the same appearance and construction as the longbow archery arrows, but the length is shorter because of the power stroke."

• Like 2

22 hours ago, airedale said:

The disabled or elderly card is one thing that is fairly valid when the arguments are made for full inclusion but it is statements like the above that piss traditional archers off, it insults the intelligence of anyone who has had any meaningful experience using both implements.  To try and imply that there really is no advantage in the overall ease it takes to become proficient in the use of a crossbow over a traditional bow is ridiculous.

Al

I shoot both, and find that each has its own set of challenges, as well as challenges that are shared between them. The biggest difference is that a crossbow is easier to become proficient with. Why is that a bad thing?

• Like 1