Fight at the Galleria Mall

moog5050

So I happened to head out to Buffalo to spend a Cabelas gift card on Weds afternoon and then we went to the mall so my family could do some shopping.  The place was packed with teenagers.  As we walk by the food court, I explain to Ana that the last time I was there 25-30 years ago, I was in a big fight (different time for me) where we knocked down tables etc. in the food court.  Some smart a$$ kids said something stupid to my then girlfriend and I was always looking for a reason back then.

As I start getting bored, I tell Ana that Natalie and I were going to the truck to watch a movie and her and Joel could keep shopping.  Sure enough, they come out and describe a major fight in the food court an hour later.  What are the chances?  Saw it on the news this morning too.  Thankfully, I was not a participant this time, but things sure don't change much.  And I quickly remembered why I never go to malls anymore - nothing to do with fights, just really boring and crowded.

I did pick up a nice shooting bench at Cabelas to sight in this year.

• Like 4

I hate the Gonorrhea Mall............that said, the food court should be busted up, create smaller spaces with two eating establishments or LESS together throughout the mall.  Just one man's opinion................

Glad you & the family weren't involved in the donnybrook.

about 3 years ago I was at the galleria mall around Christmas time. Also despise the malls   Going up the escalator a fight ensues by Lids (the hat shop)  Haymakers, kicks it's fully on   I'm about 20  feet going up the escalator and really awaiting shots to ring off.  Keeping my tabs on whats going on I unzip my coat a tad and snuggle my hand around the beretta 92 in the shoulder rig as I continue going up   I get to the second floor and watch 3 mall cops observing the fight and doing nothing    hour later while walking around I see a guy running down the hall and then get Bruce Smithed by an undercover cop and another female undercover.  Stolen goods came flying out from under the perps coat.  

• Like 1

I was only ever in one fight...She kicked the crap out of me..  That's when I decided that discretion was the better part of valor..

My Dad, however, was a tough nut and an excellent boxer... He  actually sparred with Willie Pep  when he was in San Diego during WWII....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

So, what's going on with America's youth? 

I enjoyed a fist fight as much as anyone when I was young and didn't know better.  Biggest difference was that back then guns were really not a likely part of the equation.  Nowadays, even kids need to be careful about that stupidity.

• Like 4

Years ago my wife took me Christmas shopping at the Galleria. I had tied on a pretty good buzz before we left and maintained it throughout the spree.

We separated at some point so I could wander off to the jewelers by myself to pick up her gift and agreed to meet back at the truck.

When I finished up with my business and made my way out to the parking lot, I discovered she ditched me and took off without me.

I hiked my ass home in the snow for almost 10 miles (this was before either of us had cell phones) where I found her sitting at home gossiping with her cousin about 3 hours later.

Boy did we ever get into a mall  BRAWL that night before it was determined the dumber of us two was looking for the truck in the wrong parking lot, and she HAD actually been sitting there waiting for me in the original spot for two hours before she took off without me.

I was so pissed she didn't even call the cops to report I had been kidnapped or abducted,lol:sarcastic:

I haven't been back to that place since!

• Haha 8

So I happened to head out to Buffalo to spend a Cabelas gift card on Weds afternoon and then we went to the mall so my family could do some shopping.  The place was packed with teenagers.  As we walk by the food court, I explain to Ana that the last time I was there 25-30 years ago, I was in a big fight (different time for me) where we knocked down tables etc. in the food court.  Some smart a$$ kids said something stupid to my then girlfriend and I was always looking for a reason back then.
As I start getting bored, I tell Ana that Natalie and I were going to the truck to watch a movie and her and Joel could keep shopping.  Sure enough, they come out and describe a major fight in the food court an hour later.  What are the chances?  Saw it on the news this morning too.  Thankfully, I was not a participant this time, but things sure don't change much.  And I quickly remembered why I never go to malls anymore - nothing to do with fights, just really boring and crowded.
I did pick up a nice shooting bench at Cabelas to sight in this year.
Well, I hate to admit this but the potential that I was on the other end of the table is highly likely. As I recall a chair went flying....? Was it a butt comment ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Try out Destiny mall.  They don't juat fight there but also use knives.  2 very recent stabbings.  I tell the GF there is nothing at that mall I or anyone I know needs.  

Been there once when it first opened and like Moog had 2 punks make several remarks I will not repeat here.  I stopped and got in their faces and threatened to throw them off the second floor and they backed off. (This was after they followed us into a store as we went to get away from them).  Dunno why they picked us we didn't even look at them.  We left immediately, And I haven't gone back since and won't. 

I'm glad Ana and Joel were not injured or swept up in something nasty. I too hate going to any mall. Seems like the hoodrats and mallrats have taken them over now. The big mall here Crossgates, implemented a policy that no one under 17 allowed without an adult accompanying them. Doesn't make much difference that I've seen though, as the adults accompanying them are at times the main instigators. 

Now that I don't buy from Dicks, there really is nothing in a mall to make me want to go there. I was in Crossgates last weekend to take my grandsons shopping for their parents. Saw that there was two groups near the food court looking for trouble, as we passed by.

I imagine you held your own pretty good in a scuffle back in the day moog! 

I had a fair share of my own back in the day, as I had absolutely no tolerance for a bully. Or a stupid drunk.

The last fight I was in was at a concert some dude slapped my girls ass right in front of me and my buddy, enough was enough after a few words. I gave him a beating then later in the night what I can only assume were his friends broke my jaw and banged me up real good. I no longer enjoy concerts lol

Edited by BigVal

18 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Well, I hate to admit this but the potential that I was on the other end of the table is highly likely. As I recall a chair went flying....? Was it a butt comment ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not sure, were you being choked out for a while?  lol

24 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I enjoyed a fist fight as much as anyone when I was young and didn't know better.  Biggest difference was that back then guns were really not a likely part of the equation.  Nowadays, even kids need to be careful about that stupidity.

Back then you could get into a fist fight and be drinking back in the bar with the one you were fighting an half hour later. Different world now If you win you can expect a visit from a LEO and a trip to the hokey, not to mention a lawsuit. 

Just now, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Back then you could get into a fist fight and be drinking back in the bar with the one you were fighting an half hour later. Different world now If you win you can expect a visit from a LEO and a trip to the hokey, not to mention a lawsuit. 

Very true.  Although I was sued once in my career as a bouncer - I mean doorman. 

I hate malls with a passion.  I think they should take the food courts, rope them off, close all the food places, provide free booze, and say it's an ongoing free for all - go ahead, fight all you want, just make sure someone knows where to throw your body.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Must be the pesky Norwegian youth causing trouble again... 

LiveLeak is full of videos of Norwegian youth rampaging across Malls all over the nation. The fabric of society has been unraveling for a while. The victim-hood mentality perpetrated by academics is going to result in levels of racism for the next generations to deal with that even we would be horrified by today. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

In my younger years I was a pretty laid back guy, until it was time to not be. The local high school bad ass , had taken one too many jabs at me. and well let’s just say he wasn’t as bad as he had made himself up to be. In all the years and fights in school you never heard of a knife etc. being used. 

Both my boys are very big and could easily handle themselves, but I always told them your better to walk away from a fight in this day and age. You just don’t know what the other person is capable of. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Marketplace in Henrietta has gone right in the sewer as well. It will be going the way of Irondiquoit mall. I think the newer model I am seeing in the southern states is  back to a strip mall with individual entrances. Less room to loiter and start crap

This is what my wife and I prefer. We like going to the outlets in Lee, Mass. Manchester, Vt. Kittery, Me, or even to the Harriman, outlets downstate.

• Like 1