LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Been up most of the night! Hard to sleep when my buddy sounds like a wounded wildebeest!!!...:rolleyes:

Outside right now, the wind is blowing the rain sideways! Not a good day for bowhunting. But what a day we had yesterday! Thanks to a guy with a heart as big as he is....moog. He unselfishly  gave me and my lifelong hunting partner Gary, the best stands on the property. Based on wind and his experience. Both Friday evening and Saturday. And what a property it is with multiple big mature bucks seen! And a nice one taken by Gary. A tip of the hat to Bob (CulverCreek) and his friend Terry!! Two absolutely great guys who offered a perfect place to butcher and cape Garys buck! They just don't come any better than these guys out in WNY!! Will post more on Gary's deer and hunt in the harvest thread when I get home. Thanks again Brian! Our door will always be open to you for hunting anything on our properties! Same for you Bob and Terry!

This has been an awesome trip!20191026_110620.thumb.jpeg.136c6c74065d051d3c01f7eff3ab9aac.jpeg

• Like 49

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Been up most of the night! Hard to sleep when my buddy sounds like a wounded wildebeest!!!...:rolleyes:

Outside right now, the wind is blowing the rain sideways! Not a good day for bowhunting. But what a day we had yesterday! Thanks to a guy with a heart as big as he is....moog. He unselfishly  gave me and my lifelong hunting partner Gary, the best stands on the property. Based on wind and his experience. Both Friday evening and Saturday. And what a property it is with multiple big mature bucks seen! And a nice one taken by Gary. A tip of the hat to Bob (CulverCreek) and his friend Terry!! Two absolutely great guys who offered a perfect place to butcher and cape Garys buck! They just don't come any better than these guys out in WNY!! Will post more on Gary's deer and hunt in the harvest thread when I get home. Thanks again Brian! Our door will always be open to you for hunting anything on our properties! Same for you Bob and Terry!

This has been an awesome trip!20191026_110620.thumb.jpeg.136c6c74065d051d3c01f7eff3ab9aac.jpeg

Great photo guys ..

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Nice, congratulations guys!

• Like 2

Very wet, right now with  bright sun and high winds in Webster . Agree with Belo, I did my  first all day hunt yesterday ( with lunch break )  after five days of no hunting   , still I  couldn’t wait to get out of tree not one deer seen in last four hours of the day . I’ll do one end of the of the day only hunts for a while yet .

Dont use tapatalk, but my battery dies fast in the woods with little use ,same thing when we were in St Louis . 100%, took a shower got dressed went to leave hotel 82% 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Ok not NY woods, here’s my friend in Montana with yesterday’s deer , he’s a biology professor, and does a dandy field dress . I should go back out , everyone gets bucks pretty easily. I always forget the March deadline to apply . It’s a mix of whitetail and Mule deer at this spot .

CEEDCEB6-69C4-449E-A59D-DD0B6F504D82.jpeg

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ok not NY woods, here’s my friend in Montana with yesterday’s deer , he’s a biology professor, and does a dandy field dress . I should go back out , everyone gets bucks pretty easily. I always forget the March deadline to apply . It’s a mix of whitetail and Mule deer at this spot .

CEEDCEB6-69C4-449E-A59D-DD0B6F504D82.jpeg

Is he the one that hunts with a longbow?   Nice mulie.   

• Like 1

CEEDCEB6-69C4-449E-A59D-DD0B6F504D82.thumb.jpeg.7cece90245d0710f6362cdce6c9231f5.jpeg

I’ll go with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Is he the one that hunts with a longbow?   Nice mulie.   

No that’s Jay my childhood friend who’s now an attorney in Seattle , this is Roger ,Jays friend from Seattle who moved to Montana years ago . Just looked the odds of nonresident drawing a deer tag are not in my favor it seems , in the past I applied for elk/deer combo ,much more money but greater odds. NR can only do deer now .

3 hours ago, grampy said:

That's awesome!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grampy said:

That right there is awesome!!congrats to you guys,now get at it grampy n stick a stud!!:taunt:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Back in the stand.  Rain stopped.  Wind is swirling in this hilly area but I don’t think a shooter will pass through my living room.  Grampy staying and coming back out shortly. 

Gotta be surfin pretty good??Im almost tempted to sit the last 2 hours this afternoon in hopes someone stops by to freshen up the scrapes with everything falling off these tree's.

6 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Gotta be surfin pretty good??Im almost tempted to sit the last 2 hours this afternoon in hopes someone stops by to freshen up the scrapes with everything falling off these tree's.

Sitting in a valley surround by hills.  Pretty calm but erratic wind

• Like 1