LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Headed in to 7F lease and the dreaded swamp stand for the morn.  Then in the afternoon 6S big buck stand.  One year ago today got my best buck ever , hoping for some mojo from that.  Same wind direction today too.  Will be out in the morn for a couple hours close then spending all of the afternoon in 6S.  Good luck folks. Let's go out big for bow! 

• Like 6

Got up to go out, but I just can't pull it off this morning... Screw it!! My son shot a dandy yesterday afternoon that's hanging in the garage that we need to skin and cut up today anyways. Think I'll take him out to breakfast and then get started on his buck. I need a refresher on what the MOFO's look like before Saturday anyways. 

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 5

Trying this again...packed in stand for another al day sit. Temp wise should be a little better, yesterday was brutally cold. Yesterday psssed on a small 8 that I grunted into 15yds and later on a young 5pt. Saw one other small buck and a doe but no big boys. Good luck all out

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Found my buck about 150 yards from where I shot him last night and about 100 yards into the timber from where I saw him go in. I was right I caught him far back. I hate to do that to a deer but I’m glad we retrieved him. I also lost a good chunk of one of the rear quarters to coyotes. I knew that was a risk but I was hoping we could beat them to it. I have no history with this deer but it’s definitely got some character and is pretty unique. Now I get a couple days to get my shit together for gun!

9216ef1a71b21430adcc19cd41d30bbb.jpeg

dc74ca636265ff194c6f536c8cc886bd.jpg

668f01f4e87432db6f00738b61ff39e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOLY SMOKES. what a sweet buck! congrats. Just curious- any injuries to right side of body from prior years? wondering if that caused the freaky left side.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Found my buck about 150 yards from where I shot him last night and about 100 yards into the timber from where I saw him go in. I was right I caught him far back. I hate to do that to a deer but I’m glad we retrieved him. I also lost a good chunk of one of the rear quarters to coyotes. I knew that was a risk but I was hoping we could beat them to it. I have no history with this deer but it’s definitely got some character and is pretty unique. Now I get a couple days to get my shit together for gun!

9216ef1a71b21430adcc19cd41d30bbb.jpeg

dc74ca636265ff194c6f536c8cc886bd.jpg

668f01f4e87432db6f00738b61ff39e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buck!! Glad you recovered him!

• Like 1