Deer Camp Dinner ideas

Pav2704

We utilize one of those "can cookers" loaded with some chicken stock, potatoes, onions, carrots and kielbasi....put it over a heat source and about 40 minutes later a great one pot meal.

We've used it on the gas range, propane grill and over hot coals...there is a small vent hole for steam to escape and time cooking from when the steam starts.

I love seafood and use it for "drunk'in clams", brown some hot sausage and add a bottle of beer, shallots and clams and steam for about 10 minutes and its ready to eat....

On 11/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, Salmon_Run said:

We utilize one of those "can cookers" loaded with some chicken stock, potatoes, onions, carrots and kielbasi....put it over a heat source and about 40 minutes later a great one pot meal.

We've used it on the gas range, propane grill and over hot coals...there is a small vent hole for steam to escape and time cooking from when the steam starts.

I love seafood and use it for "drunk'in clams", brown some hot sausage and add a bottle of beer, shallots and clams and steam for about 10 minutes and its ready to eat....

Forgot about that. I have one of those too.  That's a great meal.  We usually do 1/2 corn cobs, salt taters, smoked and chicken sausages, carrots and pour a MTN dew in it.  Then 5 minutes before serving add spiced shrimp.  Then just dump the whole thing out in a foil pan. Everyone grab a beer and help themselves!  

• Like 2

The week we spent up north may not have been a 100% hunting trip, but we made the usual cabin fare with a couple different meals tossed in.

First night we went out due to the drive up and getting settled.

Tuesday night I made some 100% beef Boar's Head knockwurst and Boar's Head sauerkraut cooked on top of the wood stove.

Wednesday night my wife made home made dutch oven jalapeno cheddar bread and home made beef stew.

Thursday night we did meatball subs and salad.

Friday night was homemade chili and I made jalapeno bannock.

Saturday night it was steaks cooked on the wood stove and fried potatoes and onions.

The meatball subs were my idea and actually made for a nice hearty meal on a chilly night.

Forgot about that. I have one of those too.  That's a great meal.  We usually do 1/2 corn cobs, salt taters, smoked and chicken sausages, carrots and pour a MTN dew in it.  Then 5 minutes before serving add spiced shrimp.  Then just dump the whole thing out in a foil pan. Everyone grab a beer and help themselves!  
I would love to see a picture of the end product on this.

Do you get any points for presentation like on the " Chopped" cooking show?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk