Pics of hunting cabins/camps

damore81

I got you guys figured out pretty good I think. You start out with this run down looking camp that you bring the wives to just once and the next time you ask them along they are like no thanks Im not sleeping in that place ever again. Then once you hear those magic words you guys push those things in a nearby lake and take the camoflauged tarp off the real camp. Well played mansion hunters well played.

Thanks for the compliments! It's pretty cool and very "rustic". Its sits back ~1/2 mile down our lane from the road. Very quiet back there! Friends that I have come out say it's like being in the Adirondacks.

The previous owner found out he had cancer, quit his job, cashed in his 401K, said he always wanted a log cabin, so he built this himself! All the logs were cut right there on the property. The cancer got the best of him and died very soon after completing and the family put it up for sale. It had a dirt floor in when my father bought it and had rags stuffed in between the logs to keep the weather and critters out. We dug out the dirt floor and put in a wood floor and used spray expanding foam between the logs. Pretty cool inside too. No water or electricity. Wood stove for heat, propane stove, propane refrig, and propane lights. Loft upstairs. Lots of work, but also, lots of memories...

Edited by Cabin Fever

Here is a long distance view of my place. About half way done with the extension on the left side (you can't see it it's an old picture). Should be done by

start of bow season. Going to put a 30x40 barn off to the right, that should finish her off. Camp to me is so special sharing it with old friends and making new. It's also a wonderful place to bring my daughters and see them enjoy

upstate country life. The tablets get put down, no internet and they make their own fun outside, called using your imagination. Remember those days?

post-156-0-08018500-1315475268_thumb.jpg

Burt,

That looks like a great place. Lots of fields near you! I can't wait till my daughter gets to an age where I can start doing some outdoor activities that she will appreciate and remember. I know I will never forget the times as kid hanging out in the woods and doing all those activities.

John,

Yes there is a lot of fields. That is corn all around the cabin. Behind me is a 20 acre field that borders my woods. I lease it out to a farmer that really knows what he is doing. He puts into the soil as much as he gets out, if you know what I mean. We put in some small food plots but with all those eats out there it's tough. My girls love it up there. We have plated over the years seedlings from NYS Saratoga nursery, each of my girls has planted their own area and calls it their woods. Sharing it with your kids completes the whole picture!

It's pretty cool and very "rustic". Its sits back ~1/2 mile down our lane from the road. Very quiet back there! Friends that I have come out say it's like being in the Adirondacks.

Had the pleasure of seeing this rustic cabin.

Very, very neat!!!

Like an authentic "Mountain Man", hand-made cabin.

Very kool!!!!!!!!!