The most naked tree...

mowin

Well, used a different tree local live cut your own tree this yr. 

I called it the cactus tree. Why?  Well, it wasn't a pleasant experience decorating the tree. It felt like decorating a cactus.       This is before ( posted in the show me your Xmas tree thread).

I watered this tree every day, until it wouldn't take another drop. 

This is after I removed the decorations and lights.

IMG_20191130_174000580.jpg

IMG_20191226_100524495.jpg

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

I called it the cactus tree. Why?  Well, it wasn't a pleasant experience decorating the tree. It felt like decorating a cactus.       This is before ( posted in the show me your Xmas tree thread).

IMG_20191130_174000580.jpg

IMG_20191226_100524495.jpg

Jesus H, yeah a freaking fire accident waiting to happen, actually minus the needles I guess it's not. 

IMG_20191130_174000580.thumb.jpg.3ef391a626a177b776279f5e73123a7c.jpg
IMG_20191226_100524495.thumb.jpg.11b6ea29aed1f5a22db73029754e143a.jpg
That is one sad looking tree

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We got the tree the weekend after Thanksgiving.  We use LED lights, so very little heat from those, but we turned the lights off just in case a week ago.   No baseboard heater behind it either.  I watered it every day for the first week, then it just stopped absorbing water.  

Definitely won't be getting this species of tree next year, as I think that was the issue.  

Mowin, I think we had the same style tree.  I don’t know the species, but “cactus tree” fits it perfectly.   I actually wore gloves to put the lights on it!  First few days it took a lot of water, after that only a few ounces a day.  Needles are still hanging on, but I plan to take it down by Sunday.   It does have a nice shape and color though! image.thumb.jpg.f6505a4bca309b2d0104a0196d43af9d.jpg

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mowin said:

but we turned the lights off just in case a week ago.   

Good move .

Ours were flickering at times then stopped working , I went to check the fuse in the plug , but the little door would not slide open . The reason was, the end of the plug was melted ! Once I tore off the little door, the whole inside was black and burned, with a strong odor of burnt electrical.

these were C7s not led, but I have little faith in any cheap Chinese cords and lights 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Good move .

Ours were flickering at times then stopped working , I went to check the fuse in the plug , but the little door would not slide open . The reason was, the end of the plug was melted ! Once I tore off the little door, the whole inside was black and burned, with a strong odor of burnt electrical.

these were C7s not led, but I have little faith in any cheap Chinese cords and lights 

That would have scared the crap outta me!!!  We have the C7s on ours now. Will change over to the LED's next year!

How many Christmas tree fires do you remember from your FF career Larry?

mowin........ that needle drop is just nuts!!!  Never saw one drop that bad!  Mrs. grampy would have flipped out with all that mess on her floor!!!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cory said:

Good thing you don’t have carpet on the floor. That would’ve made for a long cleanup!

Lucky, we tore the carpet out a couple months ago.  Shop vac took care of the 2” layer of needles fairly quick.