Nomad vs. the world

Nomad

Little venting. I ordered a pressure canner online, got  a tracking number and watched it come from China, till it said delivered, and signed for, well I never got it . Filed a claim with UPS online, they  denied it as it was delivered,  then went to UPS, guy said “ oh you gotta go to the Henrietta one ....”but  then he gave me a phone number . Lady on phone said it was delivered to 151 xxxxxx lane. I told her that’s not my address nor the one on the purchase order which I sent them with my claim, she told me they don’t handle disputes , need to go online.

Cant reopen my case online as it’s closed , I went to the address given me, nice couple but they never got my package . Either I got scammed and they gave me another persons tracking number or someone mixed things up somewhere , all I know is I’m out some cash, and I hate to lose .

So I file with PayPal, denied ! Even though I gave them the PO with my address and told them UPS would tell them it was delivered to another address , seems all they do is enter tracking number , see delivered and that’s it .

once your case is closed you can’t amend it with new info either . Can’t reach a live person , you know covid means reduced staff, I guess their workers don’t have a phone and laptop at home ....

Oh heres a fun fact, UPS does not consider you their customer, the company that you buy from is . 

At this point it’s probably better I don’t have a pressure canner........

• Sad 1

We've got cameras on our property.  UPS claimed they delivered the package to the front porch.  It wasn't there.  They closed the case.   Until I told them I've got cameras and I can prove a UPS truck never entered my driveway.  Driver stuck to his story, thinking I was lying about the cams.  Once they had the footage, driver quickly changed his story to leaving it in the mailbox.  Needless to say the items were reordered on UPS dime. 

• Like 2

ironic that its a pressure cooker and it makes you want to explode!  Yeah that is for sure frustrating.  Dont give up - try the round of calls again tomorrow.  Sometimes it just takes getting the right person on the phone.  When I moved to my house it took me 4 tries to get spectrum cable hooked up. They kept telling me they dont service my area.  Even though i would tell them both of my neighbors have cable and there is a spectrum box and wires already hooked to the house.  4th person had it done in 10 minutes.  Gotta figure somewhere around 25% of the population these days has common sense.  Good luck.  And it will funny when it hopefully shows up tomorrow on your doorstep! 

• Like 3

That really is enough to tick a person off Larry!

Back in the beginning of April, my wife went on Amazon to order four big 32oz  bottles of hand sanitizer. Two months go by no sanitizer! Wife calls and is told it's coming from "CHINA"!!!! Great......isn't that where Covid 19 came from too? Two more weeks go by and a woman with a strong Chinese accent calls to say its on the way. Great....... Two weeks after that we get delivered, four tiny one ounce bottles of hand sanitizer! WTH???

But at least we got SOMETHING. As Nomad got nutton!

Sometimes this order online stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be. Great when it works. SOL when it doesn't.

• Like 1

I ordered something on EBAY . After a couple weeks I got a notice from BLUECARE express that it was delivered at 11:47 am on July 17 . I was home at the time and when I saw the notice at 12:15 . I checked and it wasn't there . Checked with neighbors , etc , no luck . Contacted supplier and they said it was delivered . They sent a picture that was taken by our garage door along with another package . My wife said she had gotten that several days earlier .I asked when the picture was taken and told that it was July 9 . PayPal said the item was delivered on July 9 . I got back to my complaint and asked if "beaming" had been perfected as there was no way my item could possibly come across the country that fast . I was reimbursed my money . 

• Like 2

I know it sounds bad, but I blast the board and the C-level people when I have an issue in an institution that has silos. You're running into silos. Nobody is empowered to make the resolution.

By blasting the board, you hold accountability across the leaders. One will be made to carry the torch and take ownership. It will get handled.

People hate it when that is done to them, but it's not personal. It's business. Hell, I hate it when it's done to me at work. I just kicked out $7K because of it about an hour ago...The silos make it impossible to empower the employees to resolve.

• Like 3

Damn Phade - you had me snowed . I had to GOOGLE "silos"

A silo mentality can occur when a team or department shares common tasks but derives their power and status from their group. They are less likely to share resources or ideas with other groups or welcome suggestions as to how they might improve. Collaboration in a business culture with silos among teams or departments will be limited, unless collaboration benefits the members of the department. In addition, the members of a silo tend to think alike. They get their power from association with their function and their shared technical knowledge.

13 minutes ago, phade said:

I know it sounds bad, but I blast the board and the C-level people when I have an issue in an institution that has silos. You're running into silos. Nobody is empowered to make the resolution.

By blasting the board, you hold accountability across the leaders. One will be made to carry the torch and take ownership. It will get handled.

People hate it when that is done to them, but it's not personal. It's business. Hell, I hate it when it's done to me at work. I just kicked out $7K because of it about an hour ago...The silos make it impossible to empower the employees to resolve.

Is “ blast the board “ , like “ kill all the golfers ? “ 

First off quit ordering China shit.....ALL of you!!

Second maybe who you purchased it from can help you more  as they are the customer to UPS. I usually complain to the source not the middle man.

I hope you get this resolved.

• Like 3

I got scammed out of an air nailer a couple of months ago. Ended up giving me a tracking number after an email runaround. Said it was delivered, well... I got 5 dust masks in the mail instead. Company will not respond to emails, PayPal did an "investigation" and closed case saying there's not enough information for a case. It seems scams are all the rage lately. A few days later a guy at work said some company sent him dust masks instead of what he ordered also. Makes you wish you could find scammers home addresses so you could deliver a "package" to them...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Second maybe who you purchased it from can help you more  as they are the customer to UPS. I usually complain to the source not the middle man.

The Presto canner is made in Wisconsin . They’re hard to find right now , I ordered from an outfit listed as in Texas , also a part of the US at least for now .

Next thing I know it’s coming from China ...... I already asked both the drop shipper and the chinaman where the hell it is . 

I also  bought another from Rural King ,and received it via fed ex, who I have hated since one of their 18 wheelers ran the wife and I off the road in N. Carolina at 80mph . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Trail Cams ..... best investment for the Home !  As long as its not made in China !

It’s almost impossible for UPS to deliver to a wrong address . Once they punch in delivered,the GPS match’s up the address their at with what’s  on the package , if they don’t match up that hand held thing lights up ,and makes noise  to, alert them , they’re at the wrong address .

This was a mix up in address or tracking numbers down the line .

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

When my wife ordered the hand sanitizer from Amazon, it explicitly said it was Made In USA. How it got handed off to China, is anyone's guess.

I got scammed out of an air nailer a couple of months ago. Ended up giving me a tracking number after an email runaround. Said it was delivered, well... I got 5 dust masks in the mail instead. Company will not respond to emails, PayPal did an "investigation" and closed case saying there's not enough information for a case. It seems scams are all the rage lately. A few days later a guy at work said some company sent him dust masks instead of what he ordered also. Makes you wish you could find scammers home addresses so you could deliver a "package" to them...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Contact your credit card and file.a complaint. You'll get the money back

#LessOverzealousMods #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Contact your credit card and file.a complaint. You'll get the money back

#WeDemandADislikeButton

This is also my next step .

• Like 1

This is also my next step .
They will sort it out for ya. Only time I ever didn't get the money back was when I had them cancel the charge back because it turned out I was an idiot and I had setup my fire stick to pay over 4 months lol. Called up the bank and said oh I'm an idiot that's actually my charge sorry. And they said no problem and all was right in the world

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Our CC is with Chase where we bank and , are in their Private Client program .
I hoping my PC rep will handle it, to save me the aggravation of  doing it myself .
Even doing it yourself takes 30 seconds through the app

#WeDemandADislikeButton

USPS is no better these days, trust me.

If the company you ordered it from or the delivering service considers it stolen, you are all the way up $hits creek without a paddle. Some companies might offer a refund if it was considered lost and never delivered, but once it's called delivered in the system, it's all on you. Even filing a police report does no good as you still cannot prove it wasn't delivered one the system says it was.

That so called insurance we pay for when ordering items it about as useful as used toilet paper.

• Like 1

I had a Federal Firearms License for many years.  It allowed me to have guns shipped directly to my home but an adult signature of the residence is required.  My city house is in a very urban section near a park.  There's a lot of foot traffic.   One of the places I would order from was called Guns and Ammo.  They would label boxes Guns and Ammo to promote their company.  (Bad move)

They can't ship gun and ammo in the same box, they had to be separate.  To order I would have to provide a signed copy of my FFL for that shipment to supplier.  Once it left their dock it was my property.

So I made a order for a couple K98 Mausers and a few thousand rounds of 8mm ammo and they shipped it UPS.  I came home from work one day to find two long boxes and one very heavy square box sitting on my porch unattended and not signed for.  I went ballistic  (Like the pun?)   I would never want my property used in crimes or to harm people.  What level of stupidity did the driver exercise to do this?

I immediately contacted UPS as to how this could happen.  First they told me they had a release from me that allowed them to do it.  Well, not true and even if it was it's a Federal requirement to obtain an adult signature to release such a delivery.  Pretty much a no brainer. 

But oh, that didn't stop them with excuses why this wasn't their fault.  Pretty much close the conversation with you're too incompetent to make these deliveries.   From that point on I insisted my deliveries of this nature be shipped FedEx and over night.

Less we forget, we're in a trade war with China at the moment.  I ordered a face mask and a pair of shorts almost 3 months ago.  Still haven't received them.  When I checked, it was shipped out a week after I ordered them.  I'm told everything coming from China is being "quarantined" before being released.  Crazy considering the virus doesn't survive more than 3 days tops on a hard surface.