LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The only thought I had once I was holding severed nuts was "how far can I throw these without standing up?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like to look around and see if anyone is close enough to hit  and then of course hit them. 

• Like 3

In all seriousness, I truly want to do it my way and it will mean a lot to me. Killing a doe or small buck is not why I decided to start bowhunting in 2017. My last doe was 2000, and my next will be never unless it’s a piebald or albino.

Of course, my odds would greatly increase if I hunted higher population areas or from a treestand. However, If I can kill a nice buck from the ground, with no blind or cover, just sitting on a chair or ground being as still as possible that would mean a lot to me. I’d take 1 buck that way over 100 bucks from a treestand. That’s what would make me happy and that’s why I hunt. It’s important for everyone to hunt for the reasons that make you happy. For me, seeing Arcade get his nice buck from the ground without a blind is the buck of the year on the forum. I don’t care if others don’t agree, but that’s my personal belief.

Edit- and Jay, wouldn’t hunting for likes be killing every deer legally possible? I do the opposite. I don’t kill 5-7 deer per year just for fun.

If killing a buck from the ground with no blind is the criteria for buck of the year then I'd like to nominate my 9 point this year. Granted mine was crossbow and I had every intention of sitting in a treestand that morning. Like an idiot, I forgot my quiver at home and had to drive back to get it and saw him on the way to my stand. Slowly stalked him for almost an hour then double lunged him at 30 yards. Perfect mix of skill and literally DUMB luck! Full story in the crossbow harvest thread

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Based on what Crappy described seems like one of those very sparse blood trails but a dead deer. He's been on a track or two, I have confidence in him

Tacks is on his game today!!!

The fresh snow is the only reason this deer was found as there was very little blood after some of those early pics when I resumed the track with one of my boys
474f637edd5e2f33fa3c580531588b13.jpg

Thankfully he found one bed of many that had a faint drop of blood that then led to her solitary trail that was distinct as she was dragging her back legs.

When we walked up on her she was still alive but not well. I had to quickly finished her with my knife.

The shot was below the spine and back and nipped guts and seemingly just ripped up the arteries back there- I got lucky; plain and simple.
c586a8ae4479f2950a9d513893568be1.jpg

cf9e03d3f4cffebf88e6990e607f4abd.jpg

919c7abe5194a04eca6e50055a11a12b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 33

21 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Just the THOUGHT of eating those produces a very uncomfortable sensation midway between my scrotum and my bunghole...

As long as you use enough pepper, they are better than any sea oysters.  It is a damn shame to let such fine eating go to the vermin.

Edited by wolc123

If killing a buck from the ground with no blind is the criteria for buck of the year then I'd like to nominate my 9 point this year. Granted mine was crossbow and I had every intention of sitting in a treestand that morning. Like an idiot, I forgot my quiver at home and had to drive back to get it and saw him on the way to my stand. Slowly stalked him for almost an hour then double lunged him at 30 yards. Perfect mix of skill and literally DUMB luck! Full story in the crossbow harvest thread

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes, that’s awesome. But there’s xbow haters on this site, so I had to give it to Arcade. But you are still ahead of all compound treestand kills. I haven’t checked the power rankings in a while but you are right up there in 2020.

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

Tacks is on his game today!!!

The fresh snow is the only reason this deer was found as there was very little blood after some of those early pics when I resumed the track with one of my boys
474f637edd5e2f33fa3c580531588b13.jpg

Thankfully he found one bed of many that had a faint drop of blood that then led to her solitary trail that was distinct as she was dragging her back legs.

When we walked up on her she was still alive but not well. I had to quickly finished her with my knife.

The shot was below the spine and back and nipped guts and seemingly just ripped up the arteries back there- I got lucky; plain and simple.
c586a8ae4479f2950a9d513893568be1.jpg

cf9e03d3f4cffebf88e6990e607f4abd.jpg

919c7abe5194a04eca6e50055a11a12b.jpg

congrats!  Big girl! Youll be pushing that freezer door closed this year!   CWD is knocking the herd down in SENY . 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

EHD!

What’s that stand for:
ELITE HUNTERS DONT (harvest)????
Everyone Hates Does?????
Eventually Hank Disowns????

Hahaha....thank you for your support!!!! I saved her “insides” if you would like to inspect it for “your” 10 pointer’s sperm....may be the closest you get to him!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

What’s that stand for:

ELITE HUNTERS DONT (harvest)????

Everyone Hates Does?????

Eventually Hank Disowns????

Hahaha....thank you for your support!!!! I saved her “insides” if you would like to inspect it for “your” 10 pointer’s sperm....may be the closest you get to him!!!

Wrong town! And there’s two 10’s. On a serious note, did you slit its throat or go with a heart jab?!?

Just looked at the calendar and realized I haven’t even seen a deer in 33 days now! I’ve been out 22x since, without even a sighting! Sure is hard to get up and go out in sub freezing temps, knowing I probably won’t see anything. Really wanted 1-2 more for the freezer...

Ok, suiting up and heading out...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just looked at the calendar and realized I haven’t even seen a deer in 33 days now! I’ve been out 22x since, without even a sighting! Sure is hard to get up and go out in sub freezing temps, knowing I probably won’t see anything. Really wanted 1-2 more for the freezer...

Ok, suiting up and heading out...

Damn. What unit?

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wrong town! And there’s two 10’s. On a serious note, did you slit its throat or go with a heart jab?!?

Orrrr wait in the backseat with piece of piano wire ??

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

It’s a fowl morning here in the Fingerlakes. My son is thrilled to have taken a banded black duck on Cayuga Lake this morning.  

He said they are flying well and seeing good sized flocks of mallards and black dux with a mix of divers.  Good flocks of redhead are hitting the Fingerlakes as the cold weather froze up the northern lake plains swamps. 

6C85185E-7D1D-42E1-9F00-9E838D38A6A8.jpeg

7EF9C097-D0B1-414D-9B42-DF0352123180.jpeg

5B905F99-D72C-4D8E-9765-469DF9ACC583.jpeg

• Like 13

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic