LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

14 hours ago, Splitear said:

It’s nice when they fall a few yards from the stand. First ever deer hunt in NY, found a good tree after a 5 minute walk in. Farmer manured the field around 5:00, and 3 does came in. After about 20 minutes of making their way through the hay field, got a good 25 yard shot, and this big girl piled up about 20 yards from my tree. 

Ive got enough meat to last a while now, so I can enjoy the rest of October with my wife and daughter, and hit it again with the new muzzleloader for gun season. 

F415C751-F3DA-46A4-BC15-648131B072F4.jpeg

2900C49D-D505-4FC6-B87A-177FD7613514.jpeg

9115D71A-7522-49CC-AC82-0EE2D650390A.jpeg

49CA1910-81D7-4D92-A9EF-972F5324AC44.jpeg

Alright Leland! Way to go!

• Like 1

Live from my desk. Just catching up....

Got out Saturday for the evening sit on the farm i got permission to hunt last spring. Got a treestand set last week (late as always). Didn't see anything but the deer are there. Have to get a camera out...

Hunted on Sunday morning on the lease. Once again didn't see anything. 

Unusual to not at least see something on the lease....I was looking down a powerline and could see a long way. Nothing even crossed it. Back out next weekend...

Out for sit #2 this morning. Finger is still a bit stiff but I'm able to use my release fine so I figured no reason to sit on the couch.

Cozied into some brush just before first light and sat until 9:30. One smaller doe went through at around 40 yards and I wasn't comfortable taking a shot so she got a pass.

vp10520.jpg.cbc0029465ec91e74c6cd7f849cbc039.jpg

CONGRATS to all who filled a tag already.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Live from my desk. Just catching up....

Got out Saturday for the evening sit on the farm i got permission to hunt last spring. Got a treestand set last week (late as always). Didn't see anything but the deer are there. Have to get a camera out...

Hunted on Sunday morning on the lease. Once again didn't see anything. 

Unusual to not at least see something on the lease....I was looking down a powerline and could see a long way. Nothing even crossed it. Back out next weekend...

If you ever need help tracking/dragging, just let me know :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hock3y24 said:

Called the land owner, got permission to retrieve my tree. Gonna mount it with the arrow still in it. Haha

Kudos for posting that pic,you knew what to expect I guess. This is the first time i heard you missed.

Edited by BowmanMike

45 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Looks like a nice spot. Glad to see you back...Is that 4H property?

No, one of my co-workers just outside of town. It's a nice place, though I haven't had any time to scout it.

Our 4-H woods was logged over the winter, and it is thick in there right now, I'm not even sure a deer could move through there. Will be nice next year, but this year's not the best hunting there. 

Live from my work from home desk- Anyway, got permission to hunt a private land spot in 3S (bow only, Westchester) yesterday. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic. It's not Jerkman's honeyhole, but it holds deer.

It's also a good distance from my secret honeyhole which is good for Biz. He gets to walk

Kidding of course. But I would have to sprinkle coyote piss all over his spot had he been trying to encroach on my honeyhole

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

It's also a good distance from my secret honeyhole which is good for Biz. He gets to walk emoji6.png

Kidding of course. But I would have to sprinkle coyote piss all over his spot had he been trying to encroach on my honeyhole

#WeDemandADislikeButton

If you were a little closer, my biz scrape piss could draw one of your bucks away

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Live from my work from home desk- Anyway, got permission to hunt a private land spot in 3S (bow only, Westchester) yesterday. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic. It's not Jerkman's honeyhole, but it holds deer.

Will you wait for it to get light out before heading in ? 

If you were a little closer, my biz scrape piss could draw one of your bucks away
Lolz. You can have a baby one. But only one. Need them to grow another year so I can have a slew of monsters. Should have an excellent crop the next few years assuming they don't die on me. Either way woods hunting is 1000% the way to go. Love my climber! Except when the trees are too mature and I can't get my cables around them

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I climbed into a branchy poplar yesterday afternoon at the edge of a field overlooking some apple trees. It was a funky tree to be in but had the most cover. I thought the spot looked amazing but nothing showed. I guess next time i will push further in,this was my first hunt at that new property i get to hunt this year.
20201004_170124.thumb.jpg.d00c808dc3da09cd99505fe2fe7d9892.jpg
20201004_170128.thumb.jpg.c7e60225712c8bf00d541031c6855543.jpg
Like Hockey said, if you find acorns i'd suggest you set up on them. Both little bucks I had within range were hitting the acorns.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well zippo .  They are cutting the bean field that runs along the back of the woods , which may account for no movement from there .

Did pull a camera, went to back stand to tighten up straps ,and worked my way over to the other side of property to clean out trail across drainage ditch as it grows up so much I’d never find the opening in the dark . 

So that was productive .  Called buddy on way home ,as he’s going on an Elk hunt soon, told him I’ll pay for the  shipping and related expenses for as much as he wants to give me .

Back at it in the AM .

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Well zippo .  They are cutting the bean field that runs along the back of the woods , which may account for no movement from there .

Did pull a camera, went to back stand to tighten up straps ,and worked my way over to the other side of property to clean out trail across drainage ditch as it grows up so much I’d never find the opening in the dark . 

So that was productive .  Called buddy on way home ,as he’s going on an Elk hunt soon, told him I’ll pay for the  shipping and related expenses for as much as he wants to give me .

Back at it in the AM .

You are retired - I would go chase elk with him if I were you!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You are retired - I would go chase elk with him if I were you!

When he called me and was asking my opinion of the hunt he was thinking of, I thought he WAS asking me , then he said he was going with his wife .*

She can horseback ride ,hike, and fish during the day, while he hunts , then the outfitters feed them great dinners .

So here I sit eating left over tuna noddle casserole , and hunting the same farm for the last 32 years .

* had to rephrase that .

Edited by Nomad
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic