LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

I climbed into a branchy poplar yesterday afternoon at the edge of a field overlooking some apple trees. It was a funky tree to be in but had the most cover. I thought the spot looked amazing but nothing showed. I guess next time i will push further in,this was my first hunt at that new property i get to hunt this year  

That is a beautiful view. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stubborn1VT said:

Hunted at the farm opening day.  I bumped one under my stand in the dark on the way in.  Saw nothing.  Hunted an overgrown pasture in the afternoon.  Nothing.  

I hunted at my house last PM.  Deer have been coming out behind a strip of corn I planted.  I gave it a shot #Fromtheground.  Ended up seeing a doe with twins and another "adult-ish" doe.  I probably should have shot the second doe, but I was happy to watch them eat clover.  

Earlier in the day I saw 9 turkeys and I couldn't tell the hen from the poults.  All in all, a very good day.  

Congrats to all the successful hunters, especially RobHuntandFish.  I will be back out there Thursday.  Waiting on a north/west wind to get in a stand closer to bedding..

Thanks Much!  good to get last years curse off me.  Good luck and Thursday looks like a nice drop in temp, maybe a good day to drop a deer too!

[mention=3682]The Jerkman[/mention] started this thread, but didn't provide any updates from yesterday? I heard he saw a ton of critters/deer
Indeed. Currently nursing my recurrent scratched cornea. Probably update later today when it's dark. Or tomorrow hopefully feels better. May aim for a nap after work today that usually makes it feel better

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

15 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Called the land owner, got permission to retrieve my tree. Gonna mount it with the arrow still in it. Haha

my buddy hit a tree last year and before this season the first thing he did was cut it down!  It happens for sure.  HArd to see those little saplings when staring down a deer thru the sights. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

How are you supposed to photo shop lions and bigfoots onto his SD card without first removing ? Asking for a friend.

OMG, I should have done that too the guys on the lease before they switched to cell cams......OMG that would be so funny. Somone has to try it!

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic