so now what do we do?

sits in trees

Be depressed, hunting season ended Tuesday. To top it off, the big 140"+ 9 pt. that came in to me at bow season, with no shot, was taken out by a vehicle Monday night. Then yesterday, started removing stands. We'll at least they come down easier then they went up. Maybe I'll do some Christmas shopping to lift the old spirits today, BP, Dicks, Gander,anyone, lol.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I am asking the same thing! I have been getting up early and spending countless hours since October that I don't know what to do with myself! Now it is time to relax with the family and look forward to other things. I enjoy riding my snowmobile then it will be fishing/spring turkey time. Before long after that we will be back at it!

Edited by Hunterny28

Have to finish the inside of the addition on the cabin. Move some stands and repost the back of my property. We took a walk and it seems for some reason all my posted signs are missing???? This is the side the "band of brothers" got permission to hunt the 5 acres. Yes they trespassed on me and my neighbor, even went in his stands!

Bird hunt, train dogs, bird hunt, bird hunt..did I mention bird hunt? I don't have alot of down time, dog training is an all year thing but my club starts up in March, testing in June, more training and testing in September. In between all of that is life, camping, kids ect..

I am happy I have no tree stands to take down, I guess that is a upside to not ever hanging one this year..lol

Tentatively,, I'm planning a hog hunting trip on a friend's lease in Souteastern Georgia.

Bunny hunting with a retired friend and his beagles.

As long as the weather stays reasonable, there is a wonderful open water winter fishery on Keuka, Seneca and Cayuga lakes. Last year we had so much snow that I couldn't get my boat out of my backyard. I have my fingers crossed that this year will be better. Steelhead fishing on the Lake Eie tribs can be great, once again depending on the weather. The walleyes are biting well right now in the Chemung River system, including the Canisteo and Tioga River. Did I mention that I like to fish ?

Edited by Pygmy