Ammo

Buckmaster7600

1 hour ago, Don_C said:

Walmart in Hamburg has a good supply of 20 gauge high brass lead bird shot some 243 7 mm and 3030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the heads up. I left work 10 minutes early took the 25 min drive and was able to get the 243 ammo for my sons rifle.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

The NICS checks numbers are out for January, 4.3 million . The largest month of gun sales by far ever , the more guns sold the more ammo needed , the pressure continues.

We were led to believe the citizens of this great nation don't want guns.

• Like 4

The NICS checks numbers are out for January, 4.3 million . The largest month of gun sales by far ever , the more guns sold the more ammo needed , the pressure continues.

I would be very curious how many are first time gun buyers.

I’ve bought 4 this month, nothing I needed just stuff I wanted before I can’t get it. I think there are many others in my position.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’ve bought 4 this month, nothing I needed just stuff I wanted before I can’t get it. I think there are many others in my position.

True enough , I’d love a Ruger PC9, well two actually, but that chance is slim .

Funny part is Ruger shoots some of their ads on the farm I hunt , the farm gets a discount on a couple guns each year but could’nt even get me one at full price .

34 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

based on the NIICS checks they estimate between 7.5 and 8 million in 2020.  Now that won't count for people that had bought prior to the required checks or in states with no requirement for personal sales. Could be higher, could be lower. Pretty impressive number though. 

Can't remember where I read that. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I actually scored a good deal on GunBroker! Last night I saw an auction for 4 boxes of Hornady American Whitetail 30-06 that only had a few bids and ended overnight.  I gave it a shot and ended up winning. $28 a box. I think I was paying $23 pre-COVID. 

• Like 5

True enough , I’d love a Ruger PC9, well two actually, but that chance is slim .

Funny part is Ruger shoots some of their ads on the farm I hunt , the farm gets a discount on a couple guns each year but could’nt even get me one at full price .

That is one of the ones I bought, I’ve been waiting for the 10mm but I haven’t seen anything about them coming out and found this one in a small shop so I scooped it up.

One of the other guns I got was a 20ga shockwave. They’re kind of useless without a brace but I’m sure that it will be one of the first to be banned, so I figured I would grab another one.

• Like 1

Its insane.   Stopped at BassPro this weekend, they a few boxes of turkey loads and that was it.   I also asked around when in WV and was told its the same problem there.  I guess there is not a lot of plinking or wasting ammo in my future.  Wait it out I guess as I refuse to pay some the prices demanded today.

• Like 3