LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

This is wild. Watching a red fox at 80 yards high pitch barking. Another 100 yards beyond him doing the same. Both setting off yet another 200 yards away.  Still watching him in cow pasture. All 3 making Yelp like sounds. Trying not to laugh at them. 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 3

Geeze, I better get out and kill a deer.   I think I hunted less this entire season than I did the in first 2-3 days of any other season since I started.  I guess 2021 was the missed season for me (although I did see a couple of real nice bucks in the few sits I had).  Always next year.  Congrats to all that got er done!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Geeze, I better get out and kill a deer.   I think I hunted less this entire season than I did the in first 2-3 days of any other season since I started.  I guess 2021 was the missed season for me (although I did see a couple of real nice bucks in the few sits I had).  Always next year.  Congrats to all that got er done!

Those deer will be there next year. I really didn’t have the drive to get out this year myself , even on the new lease. We all had opportunities but we all messed em up one way or another. It is what it is , as I’m aging I I'm finding I don’t want my deer hunting to become work, if I want to go I go and I also do not go if conditions are iffy anymore . Quality over quantity .. 

• Like 3

This is wild. Watching a red fox at 80 yards high pitch barking. Another 100 yards beyond him doing the same. Both setting off yet another 200 yards away.  Still watching him in cow pasture. All 3 making Yelp like sounds. Trying not to laugh at them. 

Shoot one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you participating as well?

Yes. I’m willing to shoot any deer so his twin boys can eat in exchange for NIL money they get in college. I’m at the top of the mountain I took you to. Waiting another 10min before I begin my descent towards Chris. Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I'm out for a short sit.  Not sure why but I am here.  Original plan was to sit by the area I park where I saw deer on Sunday with the xbow. But too much water where I needed to be and out of sight.  So in our best East wind stand.  All the grass in trails is about dead so don't figure on seeing much.  

IMG_20211221_144655979.jpg