LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

2 minutes ago, cdbing said:

@wolc123 where on LI is the field hockey tournament and what time. Maybe I'll pop by and say hi. I think @squirrelwhisperer was also interested.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Her 1st game starts at 2:00 tomorrow at Center Each high school on 43rd street.   If they win that (long shot), their next game is 3:00 Sunday.  

• Like 2

Took the morning to move a stand and setup a ground blind for my brother in law on the back side of my property. Ended up getting the 4 wheeler stuck in a water hole up to the seat. Had to go swimming to get the trailer off and get it out, but the blind is in and the stand is up. Ready for next Saturday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Just had the 7 skirt me at 60. Then a 4 pt at about 90.  And found out due to Covid issues I am gonna have to cancel the 5 days off I had planned. Not thinking much is getting a pass if it comes by

That suckssssssss!!!!!!!!!!hope that 7 makes a mistake soon!

• Like 1

Well buddy went in jumped the buck said he had the crosshair on him and shot. He said he doesn't know how he missed. Looked for blood buck head back across where he crossed. He said that buck took off like nothing was wrong with him. Hopefully he survives if not the coyotes will be on him.
Potential it was a different buck he shot at?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Potential it was a different buck he shot at?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Not sure got permission from the land owner happened to be a person he just set a pole barn for. The buck wasn't far from where his son and wife seen it this morning. I would have went but trying to save my buck tag got plans with @Swamp_bucks the 18-21. Not sure we only had a spike 5 which they got earlier this week a 6 and 8 pointer on cam. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hock3y24 said:

Just picked up a deer head to euro mount for a friend of a friend, gotta love picking up a head with a broadhead in the skull, dead center lol. I’m heading out walleye fishing now.

Did he actually shot the deer in the head with a crossbow? There are crazy guys like that. That'll be cool.

1 minute ago, Hock3y24 said:

Yes, but idk if it was intentional or not, either way it was effective.

Dam right wonder how far he went after the shot. I shot a 5 pointer a few years back alittle back with the muzzleloader tracked jumped him he stopped shot him right through the eye he took off running. Lost blood called it a night he went another 150 200 yards went off a ridge found him in a u shape around a tree half way down the drop off. Lucky we found him never thought a deer would go that far.

It’s finally here! Been waiting a year for this. Day one of my Huntcation. Nothing to do but sit the woods until Monday the 22nd! My wife is officially a sportsman’s widow this week.

Good luck to all those headed out. Stay warm. Stay safe.

Congrats to all those that scored that I didn’t get to say it to yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7