LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Congrats to Duke on a great buck!! Your son looks just as happy! Love the 3 generation pics! Cherish those times and get lots of pics!
Trust me. We have fun out there and yes, my son is every bit as happy as Duke. We got the call for BBD and I kid you not, my son was almost immediately out the door with just his boots on. No jacket. No hat. No gloves. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

BBD

Buzzer beater for Duke. He's been chasing after this guy for awhile, and he finally came out bumping does tonight. Gave Duke a 60 yard shot. GTK64b35fe72d67f2d05fa4d18fe47043ef.jpg9c7c84c8e7a1f79c7261c6d38d54dd31.jpgc33dd027f928047c03b9df0f4e7bc5b8.jpg

Yes Sir! Congratulations Duke!!!

• Like 1

I saw the same! One tree fell against the tree my stand is in, but thankfully got hung up in the crotch of the tree. I stood in the stand tonight with the fallen tree ~1 foot from my head, thinking if I was in the stand when it fell, I probably would have jumped out thinking it was going to hit me. Saw other trees just twisted off! It's a mess out there!

You’re freeking crazy. I would have noped out of that ASAP. the nut jobs I hunt with stayed in the woods with trees snapping everywhere. It took trees falling close to them to get them out of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Tree damage at the one property wasn't too bad. Like I stated earlier I did have to play find the blind tonight...which absolutely sucked. The Rhino blind folded up flat as a pancake and was laying hide and seek with us 75 yards away.
Sending my dad to another property tomorrow to access damage.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Just got home. What a fun day of drives. We only Moved one deer on the first one. The second one we had deer moving the moment we stepped into the woods. In the end a monster 8 point with a 24” spread , a small 6 point, 2 small doe and one large doe where taken.

Unfortunately for the people that picked me this week I did not shoot any of them.

I covered 6.5 miles over all sorts of terrain.

That’s sounds like a blast. I always kinda feel for the big buck who gets it on the last day lol

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im looking at eating my buck tags for the first time since 2000. I had my one good chance during archery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Same, it has been years since i havent filled a buck tag in bow or gun. Had 1 opportunity during bow that i wasnt comfortable with the shot, no opportunitys during gun. Small bucks yes but nothing that interested me.

No buck yet for me either… I’m in good company!!  I’ll still hunt hard for the next 2 weeks, but freezers are full, and the 3 guys I hunt with got bucks.  If all seasons ended today I’d be more than happy with the season. 

BBD

Buzzer beater for Duke. He's been chasing after this guy for awhile, and he finally came out bumping does tonight. Gave Duke a 60 yard shot. GTK64b35fe72d67f2d05fa4d18fe47043ef.jpg9c7c84c8e7a1f79c7261c6d38d54dd31.jpgc33dd027f928047c03b9df0f4e7bc5b8.jpg

Congrats Duke.

This looks like a sweet garage/man cave.
Love the turk fans ans knotty pine.
Is Dukes buck from last year hanging in there?

• Like 2

That’s sounds like a blast. I always kinda feel for the big buck who gets it on the last day lol

It can be a lot of fun and a lot of ball busting. Honestly though I do it with the same group of guys every year and during the drive it’s all business. Constant communication from start to finish and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Not once in 25 years of doing it have I ever felt unsafe.

I do feel the same way about the big buck and from memory today was the only time a big buck was taken during a drive. I know one year I missed a dandy 8 point at 20 yards and he was only walking. Another year we had another big 8 on the move but he squeezed back through the pusher without anyone getting shot.

• Like 1

Congrats Duke.

This looks like a sweet garage/man cave.
Love the turk fans ans knotty pine.
Is Dukes buck from last year hanging in there?

Just a small taste of that wall..... and heck no,that buck will stay in the house

• Like 2

Vacation day off work to hunt today. It’s my Dad’s bday and he can’t hunt, so I’m giving the ML a first time try. Never shot a ML before. Heading to 3N, 31° and 6-7MPH winds

135b6dd8304374a75d63d1c890c4f0b8.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Vacation day off work to hunt today. It’s my Dad’s bday and he can’t hunt, so I’m giving the ML a first time try. Never shot a ML before. Heading to 3N, 31° and 6-7MPH winds

135b6dd8304374a75d63d1c890c4f0b8.jpg

Remember when loading; bullet, powder then primer.   :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, johnplav said:

No buck yet for me either… I’m in good company!!  I’ll still hunt hard for the next 2 weeks, but freezers are full, and the 3 guys I hunt with got bucks.  If all seasons ended today I’d be more than happy with the season. 

Tomorrow is my last hunt on a lease we are giving up so im placing an AR restriction of one point per side on myself

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Tomorrow is my last hunt on a lease we are giving up so im placing an AR restriction of one point per side on myself

I got a 2 point once, but never a spike... This could be my year!!

IMG_3577_.png

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2