Just Put Your Thumb In It

Steve D

Speaking from experience, as someone who has been thru more shit than that guy, I can tell you all that luck has nothing to do with it.  If you watch the whole thing again, without fast forward, you will hear him tell you why he survived.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

I am so glad to hear he is doing good after this terrible incident. This terrible incident does illustrate a few things that we should all learn from and practice whenever we go to the Range. First never go alone. Having his dad there definitely helped save his life. Second always wear eye protection when shooting. His eye protection saved his right eye for sure. Lastly only use new commercially manufactured ammunition in your firearm. Don't gamble with old surplus ammo.    valoroutdoors.com 

6 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Speaking from experience, as someone who has been thru more shit than that guy, I can tell you all that luck has nothing to do with it.  If you watch the whole thing again, without fast forward, you will hear him tell you why he survived.  

Yes  that is miracle in my book .

Cut open like that he should be dead .

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Who designed that gun joe the plumber ?

Threaded end cap for a back stop on a high powered rifle .

Should be a solid milled    block of steel back there .

It wasn’t the gun it was the load. I’ve seen a few guns with that design, but never a 50 cal. 
https://serbu.com/rn-50/

I watched that video a few times today there where a few sign of pressure. The second to last shot even got stuck in the chamber. 

6 hours ago, rachunter said:

It wasn’t the gun it was the load. I’ve seen a few guns with that design, but never a 50 cal. 
https://serbu.com/rn-50/

I watched that video a few times today there where a few sign of pressure. The second to last shot even got stuck in the chamber. 

If it was a better design even if it blow up  most of the force would have gone forward away from the shooter  that was not the strongest safest way to make a gun is all I am saying .  That's why Most guns have solid block of steel on the back side .  Needless to say you should not have shrap metal go back at the shooters  head like that if the gun was better designed ,  they should have known that before selling that product .  You can watch a bunch of guns blow up on youtube and see the  shooter comes out with no Serious injury like that and that's by design .  

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:22 PM, CharlieNY said:

Lastly only use new commercially manufactured ammunition in your firearm. Don't gamble with old surplus ammo.    

That's no gaurentee either and still should be wearing glasses.

I have a box of Fiocchi 28ga #5 loads and I ran 2 through a bolt action designed for that chambering. Used a mallet to unstick the bolt and get it open. Only time I have seen brass flow in any gun on the second shot.

I sent 2 to US rep and never heard a thing from them.

I have a box of Remington safari grade 375 with A frames. That's dangerous game, need to have them work stuff, it's really important.

4 of the first 8 are failure to fire, I even ran a rod thru to check for obstruction between shots for the first time ever as I didnt trust any of them. All weigh around the same and there's powder in the cases. Its spooky when you get click instead of bang. I pulled the second box apart for components, same lot number.

Remington never responded to my inquiries.

If it was a better design even if it blow up  most of the force would have gone forward away from the shooter  that was not the strongest safest way to make a gun is all I am saying .  That's why Most guns have solid block of steel on the back side .  Needless to say you should not have shrap metal go back at the shooters  head like that if the gun was better designed ,  they should have known that before selling that product .  You can watch a bunch of guns blow up on youtube and see the  shooter comes out with no Serious injury like that and that's by design .  

It looks like it my have not been caused by a hot load after all. This guy agrees with your plumber thread assessment and give a pretty good analogy of what may have caused the pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1