Would You Buy an Electric Truck?

Five Seasons

I think a huge percentage of pickups sit in driveways or are just a image commuting car, so electric is fine and logical. For anyone towing/ distance hauling or tips, basically anything other than just day to day commuting, we need at least a hybrid gas.

I don't think I would buy an electric truck anytime soon. An electric car may be an option, for local driving anyways. My gf works at a local university and I think they have some free ev charging spots. That would make for a cheap fuel bill.

Edited by ncountry

25 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I don't think I would buy an electric truck anytime soon. An electric car may be an option, for local driving anyways. My gf works at a local university and I think they have some free ev charging spots. That would make for a cheap fuel bill.

There's a few spots at my work for charging cars and I've never seen a single car use them. The motorcycle riders actually took the spot over for their own.

Just now, Jeremy K said:

There's a few spots at my work for charging cars and I've never seen a single car use them. The motorcycle riders actually took the spot over for their own.

Yeah, I think,  at least for the next 5 maybe 10 years there will be opportunities to charge an EV inexpensively. Workplaces , malls, or some towns even are providing charging stations. 

When EVs are more common, I'm sure they will disappear or become pay to use stations.

A good chunk of the off-road community see alot of value in the power delivery. 

I would totally get one as the product lifecycle matures. 

One of the best selling PHEVs if not the #1 is the Jeep - so take that for what it is worth.

7 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Didn't Volkswagon make a Wind-Up car several years ago ?

Reminds me of when I was a kid. We had a couple of old Farmalls.  I was convinced that I put more work into hand cranking  on the stupid things to get it started than the work we got out of them..lol It contributed to more than 1 black eye or bruised body when it kicked back..

As it turns out, I will be looking to buy a new truck soon. Little squirrel would like to make my Dodge his 1st vehicle. 

Electric truck for me? One word...are you outta your mind, no way! I was always a diehard Chevy guy. When it was time to replace my truck at that time, I thought the Chevy was too ugly and as for Ford, hah! So I ended up with the Dodge. I will say this, the electric Chevy is the best looking GM truck I have seen in a while, IMHO. 

I don't like the look of the current Dodge lineup. They are starting to look like when Chevy decided that hideous was cool. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, and my cousin will never let me live it down, but...Ford has the nicest looking truck right now. There I said it! You happy now? (I feel so ashamed)

I was looking at the F-350 with all the goodies, but 80k...holy $*&&^(*^*&%(&^%*&%&^(O&^!!!! And that's a gas motor! I need a truck for the boat and the critters. I have always wanted a plow too, so I was looking to go up from a 3/4 to a 1 ton. Never had anything less than or more than 3/4. I think it is time.

You know what I would really love to put on my truck?? Tank tracks for the snow and the beach. Really cool!!

ford-f-150-raptor-gets-tank-tracks-goes-for-ice-cream-and-attracts-the-police-153008-7.jpg

4 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

As it turns out, I will be looking to buy a new truck soon. Little squirrel would like to make my Dodge his 1st vehicle. 

Electric truck for me? One word...are you outta your mind, no way! I was always a diehard Chevy guy. When it was time to replace my truck at that time, I thought the Chevy was too ugly and as for Ford, hah! So I ended up with the Dodge. I will say this, the electric Chevy is the best looking GM truck I have seen in a while, IMHO. 

I don't like the look of the current Dodge lineup. They are starting to look like when Chevy decided that hideous was cool. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, and my cousin will never let me live it down, but...Ford has the nicest looking truck right now. There I said it! You happy now? (I feel so ashamed)

I was looking at the F-350 with all the goodies, but 80k...holy $*&&^(*^*&%(&^%*&%&^(O&^!!!! And that's a gas motor! I need a truck for the boat and the critters. I have always wanted a plow too, so I was looking to go up from a 3/4 to a 1 ton. Never had anything less than or more than 3/4. I think it is time.

You know what I would really love to put on my truck?? Tank tracks for the snow and the beach. Really cool!!

ford-f-150-raptor-gets-tank-tracks-goes-for-ice-cream-and-attracts-the-police-153008-7.jpg

Tracks are cool until you start throwing them all the time. I worked with a farmer back in Illinois who put tracks on his big Case 4WD. He thought that since he had tracks he could start working ground when it was way too wet. Not only did they bury that monster a few times that first season, they tore the daylights out of their fields to the point that none of my guys wanted to spray them. He was always throwing a track by getting it in too deep of mud. Really, it wasn't the machines fault, just the operator thinking they would do more than they were designed to do. 

5 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Tracks are cool until you start throwing them all the time. I worked with a farmer back in Illinois who put tracks on his big Case 4WD. He thought that since he had tracks he could start working ground when it was way too wet. Not only did they bury that monster a few times that first season, they tore the daylights out of their fields to the point that none of my guys wanted to spray them. He was always throwing a track by getting it in too deep of mud. Really, it wasn't the machines fault, just the operator thinking they would do more than they were designed to do. 

I appreciate the input. Good to know. But, Like I said, it would only be for the ocean beach and snow. Not much of a mudder trucker, although some would beg to differ lol.

10 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I appreciate the input. Good to know. But, Like I said, it would only be for the ocean beach and snow. Not much of a mudder trucker, although some would beg to differ lol.

Sorry, way too much information in reply to what I'm sure was a passing thought :) Just brought it to mind. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I beg to differ, I love the look of my new dodge, as for the OP, heck no on the electric truck, love the hum of a V8 Hemi.

Screenshot_20220310-160810_Instagram.jpg

2 hours ago, Daveboone said:

I think a huge percentage of pickups sit in driveways or are just a image commuting car, so electric is fine and logical. For anyone towing/ distance hauling or tips, basically anything other than just day to day commuting, we need at least a hybrid gas.

100% agree