Africa was AMAZING!!!!

Grizz1219

Went to Africa this past August 19th for my honeymoon... I can't begin to tell you how amazing it was!!!! All animals were shot with my T/C Pro Hunter, 30-06 Nikon 3-9 with the BDC reticle, Federal Fusion 180 grain slugs.... (The wife used the outfitters rifle) All animals were one shot kills... Most went straight down... furthest one traveled was the Zebra, went 75 yards... Then it goes down to 15 yards...

Here is my first EVER African game animal.. a gold medal Blesbok.. Took him at 220 yards, dropped in his tracks..

blesbok1.jpg

My gold medal Springbuck, shot at 160 yards...

springbuck5.jpg

The third animal taken was my Zebra Stallion... Great hunt.. the only animal that stopped my slug.. found it 1" in on the opposite side...

zebra2.jpg

Then, after many failed stalks... And working 1.5 hours to stalk this one... Finally took this Silver medal impala at 130 yards...

impala1.jpg

Then... After way to many stalks to count... Almost giving up on getting one... I found this 34" Silver medal Gemsbok bull, took him at 309 yards....

gemsbok10.jpg

And don't think the wife is not a natural born slayer.... LOL

Her Gold medal White Blesbok taken at 110 yards...

whiteblesbok2.jpg

• Like 1

Air fare was $1700.00 round trip per ticket.... Yup... but it is a 15 hour flight... I got the hunt (5 days, 3 animals) at an NWTF banquet for $2000.00 (Deal of the century!!! Got the 2014 hunt for 5 days 2 animals for $1500.00!! STEAL!!) add in the 2 extra days (1 before and 1 after required) and the 3 days we wanted to do the tourist thing @ $200.00 per day each person... (Includes food, laundry service daily, room, etc) The Zebra was just under $1700 and the Gemsbok was just under $1800.

So... I'm thinking with everything it was $10,000.00 But 6 animals.. 10 days in Africa... Next time I won't have the tourist days so that will knock the cost down a lot.. figure I've got the 2014 hunt and then save for the 2017 hunt...

• Like 1

Air fare was $1700.00 round trip per ticket.... Yup... but it is a 15 hour flight... I got the hunt (5 days, 3 animals) at an NWTF banquet for $2000.00 (Deal of the century!!! Got the 2014 hunt for 5 days 2 animals for $1500.00!! STEAL!!) add in the 2 extra days (1 before and 1 after required) and the 3 days we wanted to do the tourist thing @ $200.00 per day each person... (Includes food, laundry service daily, room, etc) The Zebra was just under $1700 and the Gemsbok was just under $1800.

So... I'm thinking with everything it was $10,000.00 But 6 animals.. 10 days in Africa... Next time I won't have the tourist days so that will knock the cost down a lot.. figure I've got the 2014 hunt and then save for the 2017 hunt...

Cool, thanks. Not bad at all for 6 animals. I'd love to go for a leopard but appears quite pricey.

Leapord are up there for sure.. .flew over with a guy from Alaska, he was going on to hunt leapord... I'll stick with plains game... Kudu, Nyala, Red Hartabeest, Eland... Got two more trips to do them in... I'll be ready... Getting a 338-06 I think for the bigger stuff... thinking of taking the 50 cal muzzle loader barrel over too...

Congrats on your marriage, Grizz....Also please pass on my congrats to your lovely bride..

Awesome pictures...I am green with envy. You had a super hunt..Thanks for sharing..

I'd love to do an African hunt, but due to limited fixed income, it's never gonna happen, unless I hit the lottery..<<grin>>..