deer slugs

mac

I've had great success with breneke originals. i am confidant with them out to 100yards, use to use actives till they were discontinued. Buy a few different boxes of slugs, remington slugersters, winchester, breneke. see how they group out of your gun(every gun is different)at 25 yards which ever groups best go out and buy 3-5 boxes, sight in your gun for 75 yrds and your all set to 100 yrds(will be 2-4 in low at 100. 1-2 in high at 50yrds ... and keep using theh same slugs for hunting, buying something on sale and not being the best for your gun is not worth it

• 2 weeks later...

Lightfields are great for smoothbores

I use the lightfield Hybrids out of my rifled shotgun they are amazing with knockdown power and very verry acurate. I have shot a couple deer at 110 and 125 yards one shot one kill. although they are a little pricy for 5 slugs I love them and wouldnt change them for anything. Plus they work great out of my shotgun Edited by apoallo

• 4 weeks later...

hey thanks for starting this thread my cousins r moving to ohio and in there area u can only use shotgun so i was wanting to find out if i could do this w my gun..... thanks again ( the sportsmans guide is usually the cheapest place around for rifle ammo and prob is for shotgun too )

I have the Remington rifled slugs in my remington 870, smooth barrell. I have yet to fire them through it as I just got the gun in September. I have been out at Calverton shooting at the skeet range (shame on me, I need to get to the shotgun section and get ready for deer in january). I used an array of ammo to shoot. Once you find a brand or specific type of shell you like just stick with it. Many people I have spoken too said the same thing. Obviously the biggest was price. Keep an eye out on sales whether online, local gun shops or the big name sporting good stores.

those sst slugs are the same bullet they sell for muzzle loaders just in a sabot i shot one buck with them acurate but just like when shot from a muzzle loader they are hard and i dont think they expand enough but they will kill a deer for sure

This isnt enough expansion?

http://www.americanrifleman.org/m-GalleryItem.aspx?cid=22&gid=115

They are made to stay together, not come apart after the hit.

You cannot use them in a smooth bore, which is what the OP was asking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...