BLIZZARD!!!!!

Lawdwaz

Well any more updates from those areas in the LE band? 

I'm making a coffee run with the wife and will report back, SIR!

Sure, I'll take a large black, with an apple fritter, and a BLT on toasted wheat if you're going to Timmy Ho's!

I'll tell you all about the weather when you get here!

• Like 1

Still getting dumped with wind in snow in Lakeview, NY(Hamburg)

When the wife and I woke up around 6:30 it was -6 degrees and now has warmed up to a balmy -3degrees.

I was outside for a 5 minutes shoveling a spot for the dog to do her business and those wind gusts will eat you alive!!

With the combo of wind and snow all the houses in my neighborhood look like igloos!

• Like 1

Some light snow , and blowing in Tonawanda. I must say the local media,,,(ch.4) was and is on overkill with their forecasts. They pat themselves on the back saying, "we told you a week ago this storm was coming, and we are the only station in WNY to say this" and using terms like brutal, historic and worst in a century. Is that why the stores were full of people acting like animals grabbing everything off the food shelves? They just put people in fear and panic mode. Anyways, its going be 42 on Saturday, that will feel like a heat wave!!

-4 degrees and the winds are still whipping. 3 foot drift out my back door and snow is coming down steady just south of Buffalo.....    Definitely cold out there. Driving bans all around me. Just made another pot of coffee. Being retired is wonderful..

Edited by Gizmo285

Sure, I'll take a large black, with an apple fritter, and a BLT on toasted wheat if you're going to Timmy Ho's!

I'll tell you all about the weather when you get here!

I prefer to address them as "Timothy's" as I feel its more official and or proper.

It was a toasty 6 at the house this am on my side of the state.  :tease:

Some light snow , and blowing in Tonawanda. I must say the local media,,,(ch.4) was and is on overkill with their forecasts. They pat themselves on the back saying, "we told you a week ago this storm was coming, and we are the only station in WNY to say this" and using terms like brutal, historic and worst in a century. Is that why the stores were full of people acting like animals grabbing everything off the food shelves? They just put people in fear and panic mode. Anyways, its going be 42 on Saturday, that will feel like a heat wave!!

The thing you have to do is look at the radar.  Lake effect bands will kill you.............

We had very little blowing snow or falling snow when we left here.  We headed east to Youngs Rd, I had to grab something from my van that is parked in a heated garage and then went south to Wegmans in Depew.  It was a HORRID ride.  White outs from the wind and very heavy snow.  We were in the store for 10 minutes then a damned nasty ride home.  As soon as we hit Wherle Drive it was a piece-O-cake, 

Wegmans front door looking out.....

IMG_5241_zpseebed31b.jpg

That was about 10:15am  Right now it is getting real bad here in Amherst.  You do not want to head out right now, trust me.

• Like 1

I think the ice boom may have let go , i got some pics sent to me of the river filled with ice ,i am gonna head over and check it out.

I saw some video on ch 2 at noon of the ice in the river, really really bad deal that could become tragic.

Right now in Amherst it is terrible..............

I saw some video on ch 2 at noon of the ice in the river, really really bad deal that could become tragic.

Right now in Amherst it is terrible..............

My truck is warming up right now to go check it out ,i just heard they closed the robert moses exp.

How's things NOW?????

:bye:

Not sure if the boom let go...the earlier reports were that all the ice was blowing over the top.

I just cant understand why they have allowed anyone on the 90 east or west since this storm started....All reports last night said it was closed and then when I woke up this morning I heard you could travel on the free sections between the 290 and William St. exits?? 

Now there are reports of  huge pile ups east near Rochester....Didn't they install those emergency closure gates for a reason after the last huge mishap on the 90 where everyone was stuck??

Where's my donut? :resent: 

I'll tell you what, Wegman's donuts are WAY better than Timmy Ho's..............

Sadly, I bought six.  Two didn't survive the harrowing trip and the remainder were inhaled by kids & wife.  One WAS earmarked for you, I promise. :O

• Like 1