Snow Removal Equipment

Bow

LOL...of course he does....how do you think I dig ....rake and drag the big food plots...and use the backhoe for post digging and drainage ditches..plus...tree planting?

This is my foul weather exercise....when I can't work the wood lots...the elliptical can get boring and doesn't work as many muscle groups..nor give me the fresh air.

Good thing I got second round done...he came home with the flue ....going through his job site like wild fire...

philoshop, on 05 Feb 2014 - 6:27 PM, said:

I get enough exercise on the job.

Me too....

NH skidsteer with a 9' plow blade.....250' of driveway, one trip down and one back up, a few passes for the parking area, and I'm done.

Bad enough to shovel the one set of stairs.

• Like 1

Ariens snow blower ,30 years old? Changed plug once or twice,that's about it oh added oil this year.never changed it,never knew guys did till a discussion at work a week ago....

Did 3 driveways today,plus path to,road from front of house,around the fire plug, side yard for dog,patio and around hot tub,road side bank by mail box.

I've got a 1000' driveway that I have to deal with, so I use my Yamaha 4wd ATV. It works great, and I can actually plow back farther than I would be able to with a truck. As I push the snow off to the side, I can actually ride on top of the snow that I just plowed as long as I don't get too crazy. Also, as far as maneuverability, you just can beat the little critter. In 42 years, there has only been once when I had to have something bigger that an ATV to handle snow removal. That was a year back in the 70's when we had a March snowstorm that dumped 3' of soaking wet snow overnight. That was a deal that even your average pickup wouldn't have been able to handle. I had to get a payloader in you cut a skinny path down through until it finally all melted in about a week. Other than that, it has all been done via ATV. In fact for a lot of those years, all I had was a 2WD, and it did the job pretty nicely. 

That's the good news. The bad news was like yesterday when I was down in front cleaning out the entrance when the big road-plow came flying down the road and buried me with sloppy, gloppy salt-laden snow and slop. I guess that wouldn't happen if I was protected by a truck cab. Also, when the temps get down near zero, a nice heated truck cab would be appreciated.

The old ariens blowers do go forever.  Had one that my father used in the early 70s on his driveway.  I bought a new one (red one and forget the brand name) 5-6 years ago when chase pitkens when out of business.  Kinda wish I kept the ariens but gave it away.  At least this one has electric start.  That said, even the carpeted bed sissy truck can make it through deep snow, so I rarely snow blow. 

The old ariens blowers do go forever.  Had one that my father used in the early 70s on his driveway.  I bought a new one (red one and forget the brand name) 5-6 years ago when chase pitkens when out of business.  Kinda wish I kept the ariens but gave it away.  At least this one has electric start.  That said, even the carpeted bed sissy truck can make it through deep snow, so I rarely snow blow. 

I believe I have photographic evidence to the contrary. Heck, it couldn't even stand still when parked in snow.

Here is my list snow removal equipment list:

• snow shovel
  • salt
  • hot shower
  • A bottle of Aleve
  • couple glasses of lemonade
  • recliner

At least this time I had 2 additional helpers for a total of 9 man hours.

First 30-45 minutes was shoveling path and freeing the gate down the back step for my dog crossing her legs.

• Like 1