What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Well I hunted behind the house tonight, my son was at a party so I was solo. Had a few doe come by my enclosed stand one of the bigger ones gave me a nice 16 yrs slight q away shot. Unfortunately after aiming the pin at the heart and hitting the release the arrow went dead nuts in the guts :-(. After watching them all run off a ways I got down and confirmed my thoughts when I found blood. At this point my son got home and came back.  I followed it a little bit finding the arrow full of blood and grit. This was around 5:20 ish. We headed out, had dinner and hung out till about 8:15 and we took up the trail (it started raining) picked up last blood and followed it fairly easily, not a ton but enough to know it's direction with out alot of effort. We kept heading thru some thick crap (never did she bed) I kept saying to myself ugh were gonna have to give it till morning, but I kept inching further finally finding her! Glad my son was with me to help drag her out!! One and only pic, it was raining and she needed to get cleaned out asap. 

The field a couple doors down the road from me has 25 doe in it the other evening, I didn't even put a dent in the population.

KIMG1532.JPG

• Like 2