How long are your hunts?

Borngeechee

depends on the season and what part of each season. I vary from a few hours in morning and evening near home during early bow to full day hunts up NZ for rifle to a full 10 days at camp for SZ opener followed up by full weekends there. then to all day sits during late ML

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

On LI I return after the hunt.  Anyplace more than 3 hours away I like to stay overnight. 

Time in the woods varies.  ADK is usually all day hunt unless good sign is present then I will do predawn to dark.  LI I take it easy and go out from 7-10 am to dark again if good sign is found I will go in early.

Depending on where I was hunting I use to just toss a hammock in a tree and sleep there then hunt the next day and other times I would bring the kids little portable tv recline the passenger seat all the way back put the tv on the dash board and relax toss the keys in the trunk out under the seat so I don't get turn the truck in and off and waste gas. 2 years ago I bought a cabin so now I usually just stay there

normally single day hunts for me. Unless temperature or weather conditions force an early return home or a late start.  Most places I hunt are an hour drive or less from the house.

Once in awhile I have to either drop off or pick a kid from SAT's or ACT's exams. That kind of messes with the day.

Around home I will hunt for as little as a 15 minute walk out back after work, to 2-3 hrs morn and night. We stay at a cabin in Letchworth sp for 2 weeks in Nov.. During this time we are in the woods for all but an hour or 2 in the early afternoon . Some days we never come out.

I go to camp for a few days at a time. Early ML here in the NZ I go to Camp Friday mid day and stay through opening weekend of regular season.  But camp is only 18 miles away, so I can jet home if needed.  I enjoy the quiet time.  I hunt off and n during the day spending most of it in the woods.  Sometimes I go back to camp for lunch sometimes not.  

My home is my camp ..... lol. So my hunting hours are as casual or intense as I decide at the time. During bow season, I generally come home for lunch and then head back out for the late afternoon hunt. During gun season, I spend the entire opening day on stand with my famous fried egg sandwiches .... lol. After opening day, I get up when I happen to wake up, and after breakfast I begin to still-hunt for the day. I find my way home for lunch and then head out again.

I've done day trips within an hour's drive, weekends out of state, camped over night in the forest, week long deer hunting away with friends and 2 weeks on horse back in the wilderness.  I also hunt my own land from my back door.

I'll do any of this for big game, small game, turkey and waterfowl, depending on what makes the hunt the best.