Jump to content

Stayed in bed this morning


luberhill
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Stayed home myself . On the way to church we had near white out conditions. Watched a car spin out at 40 mph . Dumb ass.

It cracks me up how people drive with the first snow of the year. How long have they lived here ?? Here’s your sign .. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

It cracks me up how people drive with the first snow of the year. How long have they lived here ?? Here’s your sign .. 

I laugh more when I see almost every vehicle off the road is a 4x4 suv or truck

While I’m driving my 2 wheel drive car 100 miles for work :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw weather warning flashing on my truck screan the night b4 decided not to bother always tomorrow its 1 hour 15 minute drive  in good weather to my hunting a spot with snow forget about it be on the road all day Probably. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, First-light said:

We went out. In the stand by 6. By 7 I was covered in snow and lasted another 2 hours. You guys made the right choice!

We went out also and buddy shoots a pretty 10 walking in with his daughter after daylight. Nothing special but nice 10 and he just laid in his bed looking at them like a snowshoe rabbit or something. Thinking they could not see him I guess. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

We went out also and buddy shoots a pretty 10 walking in with his daughter after daylight. Nothing special but nice 10 and he just laid in his bed looking at them like a snowshoe rabbit or something. Thinking they could not see him I guess. 

Was it snowing?  Deer sense are #1 nose, #2 ears, & #3 eyes.  The opposite of humans.  Probably heard them, could not sufficiently see them, and did not smell them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DoubleDose said:

Was it snowing?  Deer sense are #1 nose, #2 ears, & #3 eyes.  The opposite of humans.  Probably heard them, could not sufficiently see them, and did not smell them.

Yeah snowing. Buck just laid there looking at them. Definitely saw them. They said he was alert looking at them. Almost like he was waiting for them to turn towards him or something before he bolted.  100 yard shotgun shot thru the woods.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My philosophy is hunting time is limited, and there arent any deer in the cabin. I have taken some of my best deer in the most miserable conditions. I have to admit I love to hunt the slop. That said, I do not go out with high winds ...risk of falling branches, etc. I wont say I enjoy goint out in the crappy stuff, but you do what you have to do. That said, I would much rather hunt the calm right after the storm.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...