Live From The Woods 2023-2024 Edition

landtracdeerhunter

2 hours ago, Fredbear2 said:

Where did all the hunters go on this site? Not much activity about the rut. Just wondering. 

57 minutes ago, steve863 said:

That's one of the great mysteries of the world!  LOL

Not really.  

• Like 1

Pa cams have been buzzing with bucks cruising, no chasing. I went down this morning looking for one of our 4 shooters. This guy has a broken ear and bad eye. 30 yard shot quartered away went 120 yards. 3 bucks came to the grunt call before 9:30am. The photos don’t do this deers body justice. He is massive, unfortunately I don’t have a scale but in the top 3 bucks I’ve shot for size. 

IMG_2825.jpeg

IMG_2793.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

• Like 15

Evan and I are out in a blind on the edge of some thick stuff this morning. Didn’t even bring my bow, just his. This spot is usually a good area for this time of the season. We shall see. We are going to sit till about 1 and then we have to head out for one of his hockey games. 

good luck to everyone out today!

• Like 3

No deer seen for me yet this morning but I’m very comfortable out of the rain in my truck cap blind.  Ive finished most of my snacks and am starting to get a little hungry thinking about leftover panko crumb crusted baked largemouth bass fillets for lunch.  My wife made that for dinner last night and it was spectacular. 
441837FE-3C58-41EB-BC07-63C902168F1B.thumb.jpeg.9bb84765f5b6135b08773e2526fcb27a.jpeg

96CE7B75-FC7B-48C0-BB46-583B1600E727.thumb.jpeg.54f2563cba7b6ea87599e12db84009f6.jpeg

Ive got about a cup of hot cider left in my thermos.  Hopefully, that will get me thru another hour or so.  

I pulled the plug at 10 and headed to the house for breakfast. My phone died after I forgot to recharge it overnight, and my wife hates me hunting without a way to contact someone if there is a problem. Over the past several years I find myself hunting alone and it worries her. 

The only activity this morning was a huge flock of blackbirds that came roaring through just over my head, 2 helicopters, and a couple gray and red squirrels. I'll get back after them this afternoon.

• Like 1

Very frustrating day. Sat at the far end of my property and neighbors were sighting in guns and ripping wheelers. Picked up and moved to the other side. Other neighbor was working on something had music blasting and ripping wheelers. Gave up went back to the cabin . Restart tomorrow.

• Sad 1