First deer

Gwynne

I finally got my first deer.  I'm pretty excited since and just had to post. Sure it wasn't the big 8 point buck but it still very exciting.  I was lucky that guy form my gun club happened by and guided me through the gutting process because that is not the easiest thing for a newbie.    (Sorry the picture is sideways, it is right side up my computer and I have no idea hot to rotate).

post-5649-0-53281700-1417829763_thumb.jp

• Like 21

I was lucky that guy form my gun club happened by and guided me through the gutting process because that is not the easiest thing for a newbie.

Same thing happened to me when I got my 1st deer. 2 local guys heard the shot, and came over to investigate. My hands were still trembling, it was obvious I had no idea WTF I was doing, my heart was still pounding. 1 guy was not happy, but the other guy grabbed his knife and did 80% of the work, while showing me what to do. I couldn't thank them enough, and they went back down hill.

Then I'm dragging up hill, and yet another guy comes along, and helps me with the drag !!!

Sometimes state land is not all the bad ;)

• Like 3