How's Your Summer Going? 2015

ELMER J. FUDD

What's everyone up to? The kids start football Aug. 3rd. (one flag, one tackle) I went camping twice (OC Maryland & Fish Creek). Haven't done much fishing yet though. Doing a lot to the house nowadays. Hope you all have a nice summer! Work is insane. Pm me when there is a get together.

Love,

Elmer

• Like 3

Thanks for asking Elmer.

Construction work is busy, for a change. A pita, but it's better than thumb-wrestling with yourself.

I've pretty much forgotten how to work my camera but I still walk around with it now and then. My best friend got married recently and I'm still recovering. I've cleaned most of the mud off my living room floor from the latest flood(s). Mowing has become a zen-like experience where I don't have to think about anything else.

It's goin' ok.

Been good so far. Been camping twice with about 5 more trips planned, two at my buddies and mine camp and the rest state parks. August should be fun. Planning a mid September trip, state park with friends. Also have a mid October trip planned as a deer hunting/camping trip up north.

Thank you for asking Elmer, and I hope your the rest of your summer is great as well. 

Very well so far. Been skiing a lot , floating In the pool drinking gin and tonics, workouts at the gym have been good as well. I'm tan as can be .

Both kids came over today , one slalom skied very well on the bay with the wife and I , the RN crashed pool side , coming off nights .

I cooked on the grill for them, all is well.

Can't wait to retire in Tennessee , no snow , much better deer hunting, way lower taxes, Better gun laws and on and on and on . Oh and way longer summers!

Edited by Larry302

Not so hot here.

Been running the same ad on Craigslist for 6 months now and no takers yet.

5' 9''.., white boy.., 150lbs.., blue eyes.., yellow teeth..,  red neck..., brown undies... "Red Dog".... FREE to good home!

Love,

wooly

• Like 7

Dear Elmer,

The summer is flying by, sadly.  It is already the 20th of July and before you know it...............BAM, it's Labor Day!

I started a new job a few months back and the learning curve is extreme.  Lots of great days and then others not so great.  I don't miss the days of small business ownership, at all.

Planted some new grass that looks like a__.  A few different spruce up projects are in the works and some others are done.  Money goes fast............... :)

Youngest graduated from high school and is now preparing for college in late August, son is hard at work locally.  The wife's 86 year old father is a daily concern. He lives on his own still and is in pretty fair shape but still demands attention.

Zero shooting and that sucks.  Fished a bit but need to get out more. Bow needs action and I can shoot at work so that's a big plus.

The wife and I go out a bit with old high school friends of mine, about 3-6 couples that have been friends for 40 years plus.

Yesterday was a cool event, I got to cross one thing off my bucket list, I'll post pics tomorrow.  Can you feel the suspense?  :)

Take care,

Larry

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

Summer for me is the busiest time of the year at work but I have been doing.....

Baseball games with the grandsons.

Walk in the woods.

Floating in the pool.

Fishing.

Cutting just under six acres of grass once a week.

Playing music, guitar and singing on the deck of local lakeside restaurant /bar, parties and campfires.

Garden.

Shooting bow, crossbow and rifle .

Watching sunrises and sunsets .

Stargazing.

Having a good adult beverage now and then.

Grilling anything anytime.

Helping friends and family with anything that needs to be done.

Working on the farm.

Looking forward to the fall,when all I have to do is......

Hunt !

Not so hot here.

5' 9''.., white boy.., 150lbs.., blue eyes.., yellow teeth..,  red neck..., brown undies... "Red Dog".... FREE to good home!

Love,

wooly

I have a power washer that could take care of a few of those things. We get you cleaned up take some new picts and you'll be on your way to a new home in no time! lol

• Like 3

As I sat in the living room looking out at the wind-whipped, drifting snow and trying to figure out the best time to go out and plow, I vowed that when summer finally got here, I would get out and do more fishing, camping, hiking, picnicking, and just a whole lot of summery things. Well, I got tangled up in barn repairs that have monopolized the whole summer.

Now, as Larry noted, July is whipping by, and I haven't really had a chance to do all those "summery" things that I promised to do. And of course the weather has not exactly helped things either. This summer just isn't going the way I planned it. We've tried to have some meals over in the picnic area, but the bugs have been so bad this year that I figured that an hour over there would require a transfusion.

But, as they say as long as I wake up on the right side of the grass, I am having a great day.....lol.

The barn is almost done, so I will be working at salvaging the rest of this summer soon.

This summer is going by faster than any other. Probably feels that way each new summer, though. Work thankfully hasn't been too demanding the past 30-45 days.

Got in a little fishing, and a decent amount of hunting related work despite the lack of free time this summer. Got some work done around the house - new fan, lights in kitchen, ripping out carpet and replacing w/linoleum in the dog room and a couple other things. Even managed to get away with the wife for a short trip to the falls without the kiddo (at grandparent's house). Have a cruise next month with entire family (15 people) and really looking forward to that since it's probably our last "hoorah" as one group. A couple people are much older and no longer mobile and spry. Since we're spread out up and down the east coast, this is the first time we'll all have been together in about 4-5 years. It should be alot of fun, however, and we'll make the most of it. I think everyone knows its our last shibang together so people have stashed away rainy day funds to blow this week up.

Furnace crapped out right at the last bit of cold weather in early May, and that's my August project. Haven't even bothered to diagnose it yet. Chances are its toast being 23-25 years old, so can't complain.

Once that's done...fall!!!!!!

Edited by phade

This summer is going by faster than any other. Probably feels that way each new summer, though. Work thankfully hasn't been too demanding the past 30-45 days.

Got in a little fishing, and a decent amount of hunting related work despite the lack of free time this summer. Got some work done around the house - new fan, lights in kitchen, ripping out carpet and replacing w/linoleum in the dog room and a couple other things. Even managed to get away with the wife for a short trip to the falls without the kiddo (at grandparent's house). Have a cruise next month with entire family (15 people) and really looking forward to that since it's probably our last "hoorah" as one group. A couple people are much older and no longer mobile and spry. Since we're spread out up and down the east coast, this is the first time we'll all have been together in about 4-5 years. It should be alot of fun, however, and we'll make the most of it. I think everyone knows its our last shibang together so people have stashed away rainy day funds to blow this week up.

Furnace crapped out right at the last bit of cold weather in early May, and that's my August project. Haven't even bothered to diagnose it yet. Chances are its toast being 23-25 years old, so can't complain.

Once that's done...fall!!!!!!

Sounds like a fun cruise coming up!  Has that furnace ever been waterlogged? :(

Sounds like a fun cruise coming up!  Has that furnace ever been waterlogged? :(

Negative on the furnace. Only thing that didn't get wet in the floods. Sits about 4-5 feet off the ground. Got real close....as in touching the casing, but never entered.

• Like 1

Sounds like most of you are enjoying the summer. For those that are taking on new adventures, think of it as a change for the better. Sometimes, stopping for a moment, realize what you have, and just view nature at it's finest, pump the soul and spirit. Enjoy every day, to its fullest!

I always tell people to look for the positive in every situation, makes everything much easier to deal.   

Not so hot here.

Love,

wooly

Maybe you need to show your knees in picture.

Love Paula

• Like 2

with a 3 year old and a 6 month old times are busy. Not a lot of free time, but when I do get it, we're in the pool. Work is stressful but the pay is inline with the stress. I don't think I'd change a thing if I could. Need to get closer to family someday, but not sure I could ever live in the over regulated and taxed state that is NY.

All good this summer.

-Bought a house end of March that had everything we wanted (good schools, updated everything, big inground pool, great location, etc.)

-Sold my apartment in June

- Got married in June

- Going to Boca Raton in sept with my boys for a golf trip

- Maui in October for honeymoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

All good this summer.

-Bought a house end of March that had everything we wanted (good schools, updated everything, big inground pool, great location, etc.)

-Sold my apartment in June

- Got married in June

- Going to Boca Raton in sept with my boys for a golf trip

- Maui in October for honeymoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not so hot here.

Love,

wooly

Wooly, for shame! You are asking for trouble with an ad like that! No stating who you are seeking? No skill set offered? Even the pimps aren't going to hook you up dude. That's a messed up though, picture that ad and wooly in a garter belt on a corner. Man, I would move! Just kidding wooly, I am sure you would make an improvement to any deer hunting shack.

:scared:

Hey Law? Where are the pics you promised.

• Like 1

Same as Belo.  With a one and a half year old who is already into his terrible two's, don't have much time for anything.  Still in my Sunday softball league so that takes up my Sundays which only leaves Saturday to run errands and spend some father-son time which usually means chasing after him whenever he finds something new to climb.

Work has been steady.  Had to put in extra hours to free up work load to run off to Europe for a week and change (need to keep the wife happy too).  Went hiking twice.  Have not touched the bow or pulled a trigger since end of March.  Will need to put some serious range time come August.

Busiest I've ever been as far as work goes... booked until the end of the year... been to camp every weekend since the end of April... found some cool revolutionary war stuff metal detecting... caught some nice trout... had a FEW manhattans on the back porch... and smoked some very good cigars. It's been horrible, hope you all are having as bad of a summer.. :) 

• Like 1

Not so hot here.

Love,

wooly

Somebody better find this poor pup a home before he gets euthanized!

• Like 1