Farts, A Serious Topic!

DirtTime

Just curious....

A big thing when hunting is scent control. So how do you handle farts? Don't be shy and claim you don't pass gas, giggle and not post on this one.

No matter how you set up for wind ( pun intended ), a big deer might come in from the opposite direction you planned for. So ripping one would surely send out a trigger there is a dead animal near by.

Do deer notice this? Do they get a 'whiff' and say "%^&*, hunter in the area!" ?

Just asking here. Sucking down deer camp food that has enough 'items' to run your truck for a month can't be good for "scent control'.

:pardon:  :whistle:

• Like 1

Rob, how many Rolling Rocks have you drank tonight...LOL :rofl:

I'm guessing he pounding PBR.

:)

Edit to add............Scratch the PBR comment, I see it has been RR tonight.  The questions is: How Many?

Edited by Lawdwaz

Seriously, I was in my observation stand tonight with a couple of bucks in front of me. (within 30yds)

I got no problems trying new things to see a deers reaction, especially this time of year.

I let one RIP that shook the metal on the stand I was in....... they never even flinched with the wind blowing right to them.

About 10 minutes later, they got up from their beds and looked spooked outta their minds.

That's the same way they reacted when they smelled my orange creamcicle vapor last week.

They'll be back...

• Like 3

Seriously, I was in my observation stand tonight with a couple of bucks in front of me. (within 30yds)

I got no problems trying new things to see a deers reaction, especially this time of year.

I let one RIP that shook the metal on the stand I was in....... they never even flinched with the wind blowing right to them.

About 10 minutes later, they got up from their beds and looked spooked outta their minds.

That's the same way they reacted when they smelled my orange creamcicle vapor last week.

They'll be back...

Ad that to your CraigsList Personal ad wooly. I am most certain you get a bride! lol

This is no lie, last season I was sitting and I lost track of time. I told my buddy come get me about 10am and we can work on the camp spot. I watched him walk right past me three times. Then I could not hold it and let one go. "There you are!". I wanted to be embarrassed, but it was to funny.

I always carry an empty Poland Springs plastic water bottle with me.  When I feel the need to, I drop my pants and place the bottle on the bung hole and let it rip.  I cap the bottle as soon as I can to make sure I don't let any out and spook a deer.  At the end of the day, I go home and give the bottle to my wife and say "honey, take a wiff of that".

• Like 7

Truly a great thread! My thoughts? .... I doubt a deer would even know what that stink really is. It might move them along just because of the overwhelming nausea that they feel coming over them. But as far as identifying the source ...... I doubt it. Now the sound may be something different. Especially one of those long drawn out flutter-style farts that seem to go on forever. They get a bit of extra time to focus those ears to determine direction. 

The topic heading is a bit misleading. Farts don't become a serious issue until that point you realize there is no more air to come out and you still have that felling in your gut. Makes you think to your self " Hmmmm... I don't remember eating a pack of razor blades"

• Like 2

Mr B's  mother had him convinced that woman never fart...Really...what a surprise he got after we were married ;) hey it's biology folks....

Seriously though ...I avoid certain foods during the season... Who cares about the deer!! Sitting all bundled up in your suit there is only one way for it to go and that is up...so once it makes it's way wafting up around your suits collar ...I'm not thinking deer I'm thinking WTH!!! Wheres a match when you need one.... :fie::cheese: 

• Like 4