LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Well set up the decoy on the field edge and positioned myself on the edge of the thicket. Started a rattle sequence and some grunts and about 5 minutes later I had 2 fawns show up 45 yards away looking for the fight. The one buck fawn was super interested in the decoy and I'm sure would love to brawl one day, but not today. They left and I followed up with another rattling sequence about 45 minutes later. This time I had a small 6 pt come out of the thicket about 30 yards away. He stood there looking around for the imposters before he angrily made a scrape. Wish I had the camera cause he was all business. He strutted around for about 1 minute before circling down wind of the decoy. He sized him up and started posturing like he was gonna attack the decoy and then decided he wouldn't. He presented me with multiple shots but he wasn't a buck I was looking to take. This all happened between 12-2 pm and was the only action I had. So the bow is hung up for the weekend but will be back out after I get something in the freezer.

Good luck to everyone in the morning. Be safe and shoot straight.

• Like 1

Got the 30-06 and the 12gauge ready to ride in the morning idk Wich one to bring in so guess it'll be a last minute pick but last year my 12 jammed and I didn't have another gun but I'm not playing that game this year ... Good luck to you all tomorrow and make sure you know your target and beyond and wear orange !!!!!... Middlesex bound

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Always amazes me how much lighter my gun pack is than bow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm total opposite Lol I take it all when I go gun hunting opening day cause they move when every1 leaves to eat at lunch and I stay and wait

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11 PM and can't sleep due to excitement lol. Just cracked a Firestone Walker Parabola 25 ounce bottle of Russian Imperial stout at 14% abv. Hopefully that'll help and eliminate some of the back spasms I starting getting today. Feels like I'm getting randomly tazed. 4 o'clock will come early. Be careful driving to your location in the morning. I always have to stand on the brakes for deer on my way , not fun. Shoot straight , enjoy the day and be safe

• Like 1

I haven't slept since 3am. 4:15 alarm wasn't needed..... :(

My guts are doing flips........... Maybe it was the dip? Duck breast stuffed with jalapeños cream cheese wrapped in bacon? Manhattan?

Nawww it must be the anticipation!!

South wind right now, east wind is coming later in the morning it appears.

Oh well, the die is cast.

• Like 3

Always amazes me how much lighter my gun pack is than bow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah , I took out my extra release , range finder , tree saw , bow holder and a couple other things . I could feel the difference when I lifted my back pack . I still take more than I would use but , you never know . Happy Hunting ! 

• Like 1