Final Weekend

the blur

I'm planning to spend Saturday morning in PA.  I have a buck tag and 2 doe tags there..If things are slow I'll drive back home (1/2 hour) and spend the evening watching my food plot here in NY..

If I still have a tag I'll do the evening watch again Sunday in NY and then break out the old mud dozer for next week..

I'll be out there Saturday and possibly Sunday too. Got a lot of family things to do the following weekend, so not sure if I will be hunting with the muzzle loader this year. I have had a good season. Deer sightings have been down a bit this year. But I truly enjoyed each and every hunt no matter if I saw deer or not. Was fortunate enough to kill a nice fat doe with the crossbow and a nice buck with my rifle. Shared some hunts with my grandson and had some laughs with my friend. Learned some things. So, a good season to remember.

• Like 2

Have winterized motorcycles 3 times already and by the looks of the weather for the weekend, may be a fourth. Wife is itching to go out again. So appears the weekend will be on bike rather than in deer stand. Can never complain being able to ride in December!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been hearing any shots, but expect to this weekend...Anyone around here with a buck tag left will be in a frenzy to fill it....no snow so there will be a lot of "travelers " around...drove around yesterday on the way home from errands....vehicals parked off drives and tucked back in behind brush and trees at camps nearby.... :rolleyes:

I wonder just how much the DEC is loosing in ML sales due to these areas not being allowed to hunt Buck then... Topping it off with the warm weather...I hope it happens again next year too.

I hope the herd explodes in the suburbs and recovers in woodlots where they need to...Then maybe the DEC will wake up and realize they need to handle the suburbanites and the townships to control the deer...They can focus their energies on opening those areas to bow/xcrossbow hunting then let the hunters,their "tools" do their jobs....Stop writing up restrictions and start putting your feet to the ground and using your time expanding oppronunities where the biggest deer complaints are...actually work at a solution...don't expect everyone else to.

Edited by growalot

The last day of the season we always get together and push our lease. It is the only time we will do drives. We always push out deer and the guys with doe tags left usually fill them. I have a doe tag...Hopefully I won't anymore by late Sunday morning....Good luck everyone....