Eating Crow

Elmo

The last game dinner I went to, I looked into the kitchen and saw how the bearded, sweaty, spit cup carrying "Cooks" were handling the game that was to be cooked. I stuck with the hamburgers and hot dogs that an old lady was cooking on an outdoor grill, for the kids. .The beer was good though..

Cant be that bad. I once ate these while on a trip to a remote village on the Urocoa in Venezuela. I didn't have the courage to eat them raw, but cooked, they really weren't bad.

That is disgusting.

I seen on Andrew Zimmerman where ever he was that they put them in water to work out bad flavor stuff. They then grilled an poked them to help with the crispness

I've eaten crow many times....FIGURATIVELY, not literally...<<grin>>...

However  I would try it....Lord knows, I've killed enough of them. I have eaten snapping turtles  and catfish and they eat some pretty rotten stuff sometimes.

I have eaten barn pigeon many times and thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact every time I eat it I wonder why I don't hunt them more often.

• Like 1

That is disgusting.

I seen on Andrew Zimmerman where ever he was that they put them in water to work out bad flavor stuff. They then grilled an poked them to help with the crispness

The kids ate them raw, but more so to see our reaction I think.  The grubs were not nearly as bad as the "fruit drink" they drank or the river water they drank without cleaning.  I would have been sick for months if I tried that.

• Like 1

I think pigeon is awesome! Not sure I would eat a city pigeon that's been eating bubblegum and pizza crust off the sidewalk but farm pigeons are great. Fun to shoot, no seasons, farmers typically don't like them, taste great. What's not to love!?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• Like 2