Lets Lighten The Mood......Bourbon Anyone?

Lawdwaz

Jim beam black or Devils cut. On the rocks some times. As crazy as it sounds I will add a little 7up sometimes. Boy is it good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't take this in a bad way........what is your age?  Even a range is fine.........

25-32

33-42

43-50

51-100

:)

I am very fond of JD but it is not technically a Bourbon because it is not made in Kentucky.

Of the true bourbons I have tried, some are ok, some I was not crazy about.

I really do enjoy some of the blends...Crown Royal comes to mind immediately but Black Velvet also ain't bad and it's cheaper. I am sipping at about half a finger of it in a dried beef glass as I type this.

I prefer to sip straight up and chase with beer or water... Rocks would be a distant second, since I prefer not to dilute the spirit. I am not a mixed drink person, but I do enjoy an occasional Manhootie...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

I'm more of a Crown Royal guy... but if I'm drinking bourbon it's usually Woodford Reserve. Use to be that I liked my whiskey in a Manhatten, but now it's straight on the rocks. Most likely it will be accompanied by a good cigar. I am pouring a glass of Crown on the rocks as we speak! It will be a double... and I'm sure there will be a couple more to follow before the night is out. Age 56

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 1

Please don't take this in a bad way........what is your age? Even a range is fine.........

25-32

33-42

43-50

51-100

:)

37. Haha I don't make tons of money so the high dollar stuff isn't an option. I'm laughing already waiting to see what you have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very fond of JD but it is not technically a Bourbon because it is not made in Kentucky.

Of the true bourbons I have tried, some are ok, some I was not crazy about.

I really do enjoy some of the blends...Crown Royal comes to mind immediately but Black Velvet also ain't bad and it's cheaper. I am sipping at about half a finger of it in a dried beef glass as I type this.

I prefer to sip straight up and chase with beer or water... Rocks would be a distant second, since I prefer not to dilute the spirit. I am not a mixed drink person, but I do enjoy an occasional Manhootie...

Black Velvet and Pepsi make a fine mix.Not a bourbon but I do enjoy Segrams 7- the 7up

I spent 6 weeks building a barn for a friend just north of Lexington, KY a few years ago. We toured several distilleries on the weekends but kept going back to Buffalo Trace. Their Blanton's Reserve is one of my favorites and it's easy enough to find in many NY stores. Some of their high-end stuff like Pappy Van Winkle is unbelievably tasty, if you have the wallet for it.

Basil Hayden's is another good one. Not sure who makes it, but it's a scotch-like flavor that I enjoy.

Three fingers in a rocks glass with one small ice cube, and some pieces of quality dark chocolate to nibble on between sips. I have approximately 491k hours on me (56 yo).

• Like 2

Mid 40's here. I used to love JD, Old Grand-Dad, and Jim Beam when I was younger. Then I got more into Wild Turkey and in my 30's. Then I switched to J&B brandy. Usually shots or over ice.

But, the one drink I love over all is a good spicy Bloody Mary! I love tomato juice and V8 original.

I haven't touched a drop of any liquor in over two years. I still like a beer, but the hard stuff isn't good for my pancreas.