I'm going to have to ask...

growalot

I wouldn't normally ask for this here...but if you could please keep me in your prayers

In the whole scheme of things this is really a little thing,,,but as you know my knees aren't stellar...Today I did a few hours of mowing and when I got off the tractor they were stiff...decided to walk it off and go get the mail...2ft from the box I step off the road(crest of hill) and my foot must have caught the edge of pavement and the soft gravel...Next thing I know I'm flung forward into the culvert head first. I mentioned they are steep, well I managed to get my hands in front of me as my rt. knee slammed to the ground and I started the slide down the bank face first. Did a somersault and landed....If I wasn't in so much pain...reading this would have me laughing out loud...for it pretty much looked like it sounds...my palms are sliced up a bit but my knee is a mess and swollen and doing a popping thing just siting here...I must be in a bit of pain for I'm rather shaky at the moment........Hey could have been worse...could have broken my leg,wrist or hip! I'll count those blessings...

So please if you could ask the guy upstairs if he could just let this be a bruise and nothing worse...I would really really appreciate it...Thanks...Chris

Edited by growalot
  • Like 6

Sorry to hear it Growalot. I wish you all the best. Sincerely!

I didn't want to "like" the post, but it's an important point for many of us.

I hate to say it, but at some some point we all have to slow down a bit because physical limitations change and pure determination won't alter that fact. It sucks in the worst way, I know, but "it is what it is".

• Like 2

Thanks guys...eeggaddds it's sore...the numbness has subsided a bit...the shakiness has gone...Strange feeling,pain and numb feeling at the same time...I can walk on it, though it's popping good...that happens when there is swelling...Ibuprofen to help reduce that...Mr B sprain his ankle the weekend...blk. and blue from the bone to around his heel now...LOL we are a pair though aren't we...hahahaha

I didn't mention the dumbest and luckiest thing of the whole situation

I was stepping off the road because there are a couple of cars that just fly up over that crest...It's a tad scary crossing sometimes...normally I can hear them ...but the wind has been blowing hard up here and through the red pines...makes it difficult. Well I stood up in the ditch and knew I had to climb out some how. So I grabbed the bottom of the mail box pole and used it as leverage to pull my self up the bank...when I got to the top the knee was screaming and I bent over holding it...well there I am head bent over road when the maroon speed demon crests the hill...Never even slowed down and I had stood up just in time for the gravel he had following him to lightly  pepper my side....Mr B should have taken a hell of an accident payout on me....It's just a matter of time...lol

Hopefully just bruises, scrapes, and broken pride.

If still really hurts to move it after a couple hours - get it checked.

My bad knee was already feeling a bit loose as I was walking across the office, now it feels off just sitting here after reading your post.

I may still have a quick pace walking in the office, mall, walking the dog, etc, but hit the woods, fields, or trails, I slow it down. I don't want to drag myself out later.  I'm not really old ...yet - have teen-agers, but beat up the knees back in my high school days.

Hope it gets better quickly.

• Like 1

I'm sure you'll bounce back, pun intended.

Unfortunately this bumble doesn't bounce!  hahahaha...Gods way of making me feel better about the extra "padding" I can't get rid of ;)

Confession...I was afraid it would stiffen up...Mr B just got home and found me raking rocks out of the top plot. I'm lining it with the left over sweet corn before planting pumpkins/wht clover in the middle...It  has a constant "burning " feeling and hurts to have my jeans touching it...still swollen but not as bad.... We will see what the morning brings :dontknow: