Favorite Christmas song

philoshop

I'm really late with this question, but what's your favorite Christmas song?

I've always liked "Silent Night" as a traditional song, but my favorite non-traditional song is Vince Giraldi's Peanuts Happy-Dance song. My band used to play that at weddings and you could just watch everyone in the room loosen up when generations of people started to dance along.

I cry when I hear Silent Night; reminds me so much of being in church, snuggled up with my grandmother during the candlelight portion of the service..........miss her greatly.

My favorite song........Snoopy & The Red Baron.  :)

I even had the album as a kid...... 

• Like 2

Dominic the donkey...jk.... too tough to call but I've played a lot of Alabama xmas songs ( angels & christmas in Dixie). My wife has converted me to Dolly and Kenny Rogers amass songs. Alan Jacksons let it be Christmas is pretty damn good to.

• Like 1

Anything by The Ronettes.  Phil may have been a complete whacko, but he sure knew how to make good records.  I had the pleasure of seeing Ronnie perform a couple of times at the old Village Gate at Christmas.  Sat at a table with Paul Shaffer one time, literally "anyone who was anyone" was at those performances.  Not that I cared, but it was a pretty cool thing to be there, and she sang amazingly.  

Not sure if it was meant as a joke or not but people are calling "Baby It's Cold Outside" the Bill Cosby Rape Song.  Basically the girl is trying to leave but the guy won't let her and part of her lyrics goes:

The neighbors might think (baby, it's bad out there)
Say what's in this drink? (no cabs to be had out there)

I wish I knew how (your eyes are like starlight now)
To break this spell (i'll take your hat, your hair looks swell)

I find it rather funny and coincidental.