What's Your Town Motto?

grampy

This kinda got started in another thread. Would like to hear what your town or citiy's motto is, if there is one. Or what is the name of the place, where you call home?  Here in Altamont it's "A Nice Place To Live".  I know, it's off season on here. But I don't see this thread causing too much controversy. Just for fun! ........smile....... 

Where i grew up..... Hoosick Falls - not sure but it says "inspiring since 1827" on the website or town of Hoosick - it's along what was called "The Great Eastern Trail" back during the French and Indian War.

...similar to where i am close by in Pittstown.  claim to fame is it's just historic.

Addison..." The Home of Jimmy Greengrass"......

Jimmy was a major  league baseball player back in the late 40's/early 50's...

On ANOTHER note, The Ritz Café was a bar/grill on Main St. back when Addison was known as a somewhat rowdy town..

The sign over the door  read " The Wild West center of Steuben County"...

The Ritz closed a number of years ago and was bought by a Christian group..It is now a church...

I can hear some of the local departed "cowboys"  turning over in their graves.......Hehehehe......

38 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

"Ballz Deep" ?

Hmmmmmmm...That sounds like my favorite place to be, back when I was dating.  Either THAT, or me crossing a shallow stream, in which most people would be " Knee Deep"....

• Like 4

Live in Webster, "Where life is worth living " 

Wife is from , and we own land in Canandaigua , " the Chosen Spot ."

Shes currently in Fla. touring around and visiting friends all over, she just sent pics of a place she wants to buy in North Port I don't know their motto yet....

" Yankee go home ?"  

She keeps bombing me with texts , dropped 20k , comes with boat dock......

10 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

Live in Webster, "Where life is worth living " 

Wife is from , and we own land in Canandaigua , " the Chosen Spot ."

Shes currently in Fla. touring around and visiting friends all over, she just sent pics of a place she wants to buy in North Port I don't know their motto yet....

" Yankee go home ?"  

She keeps bombing me with texts , dropped 20k , comes with boat dock......

But then life won't be worth living in Webster anymore Larry.   Plus, hunting FL stinks.  

Winter home . 

One can always hunt any state they wish, my buddies are pressuring me to come hunt with them in Montana again, I can do that for less then the taxes on many guys camps or leases .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kpkot said:

Town motto not life motto

Yes, life in the Town is good.  Taxes aren't so good but I get it......a guy with young kids needs great schools, check.  Great police force, Check.  Great library system, check.  Great municipal services, check. Parks system, check. Proximity to the rest of the world, fast? Check on that one too

The biggest issue for me right now is a backyard to take a wiz, shoot my bow and maybe a .22.  (I guess I can get away with 2/3 there too but damn I want outa' here..........)

• Like 4

Yes, life in the Town is good.  Taxes aren't so good but I get it......a guy with young kids needs great schools, check.  Great police force, Check.  Great library system, check.  Great municipal services, check. Parks system, check. Proximity to the rest of the world, fast? Check on that one too
The biggest issue for me right now is a backyard to take a wiz, shoot my bow and maybe a .22.  (I guess I can get away with 2/3 there too but damn I want outa' here..........)

We are accepting applications in CC. If you had a hunting dog and/or a bass boat I could expedite things. 9' slate pool table wouldn't hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

Winter home . 

One can always hunt any state they wish, my buddies are pressuring me to come hunt with them in Montana again, I can do that for less then the taxes on many guys camps or leases .

Ok LETS go to Montana!

20 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We are accepting applications in CC. If you had a hunting dog and/or a bass boat I could expedite things. 9' slate pool table wouldn't hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother lived on long st for a little bit. It would take me longer from my house(snyder) to get there than it takes me to get to his house in darien. I love everything about clarence except the time it takes to get everywhere.

Apalachin, NY " From where the messenger returned" or so Wikipedia says. Had to look it up. Only thing this podunk town is famous for is the 1957 American Mafia meeting that got busted up. I live 3 streets east of where it happened and have never even gone up that street in the 18 years I've lived here. 

Binghamton ,NY is known as the Carousel Capital of the World as we have 6 fully functional in the area. Yeehaw!!

Edited by Zem18
Sp
  • Like 2