First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Which target is that? Do you like it? I been looking at the ones from Dicks and none have great reviews including the $159 Glendale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yeah,the shooter buck target is junk. It isn't easy to figure out what a decent 3d target is when the price range goes from $100 to $500. I know i am not spending 300$ + on a 3d target. I did cough up 125 for a 18 in 1 rhinehart target though.

Rhinehart 3d targets , I have the booner buck but there is other models that cost less that they make.

You got a pick of that one? I’m particularly interested and n the head and rack. Often the head/rack size doesn’t match the body size of typical deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You got a pick of that one? I’m particularly interested and n the head and rack. Often the head/rack size doesn’t match the body size of typical deer

rineharts are smaller than typical deer but why does it matter?

39 minutes ago, crappyice said:

dozens of pics in the academy thread we pepper that poor thing. The only guy that seems to care about conserving the core is @Arcade Hunter

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I was just horn hunting :)

I once hit a real deer in the horns. 

I was actually looking for a doe I shot the eve before and I look out on the field egde and here is two bucks.  I grunt and they come my way .  So I draw back and a basket 8 is there well just as I let it go he turns his head down and the arrow stuck right between the beam of his horns. It must've stuck a bit in the one side and he runs off with my arrow across his horns. Lol a freak thing for sure .  I was so dialed on a kill spot he mustve moved his head to turn towards his body.  

Was waiting to hear from other guys that hunt there about a buck running around with an arrow in it's horns but never heard again about it. I'm sure he dropped it off somewhere.  

And yes I found the deer I was looking for too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I found a little time to shoot last night....  the single arrow was at 10 yds, the best group was at 20, and the worst group was at 30.  I think I will raise the 30 pin a tad bit.

Overall, good practice session for me

fsdp001.jpg

fsdp002.jpg

fsdp003.jpg

i have that same target - its lasted great 5+ years 

• Like 1