Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

You going to let one fly at one if you get a chance ?  I kicked one up today in swamp. She ran 10 yards , I baaahed her. Locked up for a chip shot   Gotta wait for gun opener. Then that will never happen again 

Trying to be patient for a buck at this point as much as I want to let an arrow fly.  Once that happens, watch out doe

26 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Just had a nice doe come blasting through behind me.  No buck chasing her. She circled and came up to my right. Stopped her at 15 yards and put a rage through her heart. She dropped after a 10 yard run. Shaking so bad now lol

Couldn't wait till Saturday ..i figured somebody would get one today 

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Swamp stand is a foot and a half under water I got ducks swimming around. I hope the deer feel like a swim. I feel more like I should be fishingc50ef057e595c4aa20b101ff813435fe.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What the heck? Are you out on the bayou?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Blood tracking outta suck 

actually if its bleeding good enough it should be kinda easy. I had a heart shot run through some water like that and the blood will stay together long enough to track it  if you move slow enough and dont create a bow wake.

• Like 1

I went for a walk and spooked two deer in the same spot and other than that nothing. This is getting frustrating,i will be out all weekend and really hope I get something,at this point I am not sure i can wait for a buck. A big doe might be in trouble...

2 hours ago, Belo said:

Any phone older than 18 months will start to struggle and you’ll see those quick drops. There are tricks to preserve battery, but sometimes they just shut out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

this is a rather sudden and dramatic drop. I used to go from 100% to like 98% while sleeping over night , now I loose 25%. 

Screen brighteness has been lowered , will bring my external battery .

Its lasting better since it died and was charged to 100 %, one more round of that should help from what I’ve read .

Back to the woods, nothing yet ....

Every time you charge your phone (or any electronical device) the life span of the battery decreases. There are ways to extend it, but it will always be getting worse and worse from the first day you charge it. This is unfortunately the nature of batteries (and life in general if you know a little about the law of entropy)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Every time you charge your phone (or any electronical device) the life span of the battery decreases. There are ways to extend it, but it will always be getting worse and worse from the first day you charge it. This is unfortunately the nature of batteries (and life in general if you know a little about the law of entropy)

And Iphone batteries CAN be replaced for IIRC $50

All: quick question but don’t want to start a new thread. My dad is coming to hunt with me next Thursday the 8th through Monday the 13th. Is this going to be too late for rut activity? Will this be that lock down lull time? I’d like to here from you guys/gals that hunted central ny for years. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

The heaters in this car work well for drying socks , I’ll be heading in soon, with luck I’ll be able to cross drainage ditch ...

My iPhone battery dies super fast now ,so I won’t post much , need to calibrate the battery from what I’ve read ?

The cold weather takes it's toll on the batteries. Keep it in an inside pocket so it will stay warm. You still may need a new battery, but it will help. Also do like others recommended and get a portable charger. You can get them pretty cheap. 

• Like 1