Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Just had a nice doe come blasting through behind me.  No buck chasing her. She circled and came up to my right. Stopped her at 15 yards and put a rage through her heart. She dropped after a 10 yard run. Shaking so bad now lol
Congrats

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Day 1 of vacation done.  Saw 7b and 9d.  Probably still too early to sit full days but what else would I do.  It is a hunting vacation. Planning another full day tomorrow even with the lousy weather.  Stand time only ups the odds.  Never know.  

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Rage puts a big hole in em! Slight quartering away. Farmer is happy. Now I can shoot a buck without feeling bad. I didn’t fill any dmaps last year and killed a good buck. Felt bad about that. 

967FB83B-5EBF-41BB-B9ED-502F0181132F.jpeg

Congrats, and yea thats one heck of a whole. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Rage puts a big hole in em! Slight quartering away. Farmer is happy. Now I can shoot a buck without feeling bad. I didn’t fill any dmaps last year and killed a good buck. Felt bad about that. 

967FB83B-5EBF-41BB-B9ED-502F0181132F.jpeg

Congratulations John! Nice shooting! Way to go!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Day 1 of vacation done.  Saw 7b and 9d.  Probably still too early to sit full days but what else would I do.  It is a hunting vacation. Planning another full day tomorrow even with the lousy weather.  Stand time only ups the odds.  Never know.  

It will be sooner than later, when you get it done buddy! 

55 minutes ago, CanastotaCamo said:

All: quick question but don’t want to start a new thread. My dad is coming to hunt with me next Thursday the 8th through Monday the 13th. Is this going to be too late for rut activity? Will this be that lock down lull time? I’d like to here from you guys/gals that hunted central ny for years. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Def don't think it's too late.  I've always thought lockdown was over done as an issue.  One of my best hunting days is Nov 6th. Shot a few deer on that day for some reason.  If it's cold and your near trails and food source it's usually still good. I usually see lots of new rubs the week before gun season. My favorite time of the year is Nov 3-6 every year.  And with all the warm weather this year maybe that gets pushed back too.  There should still be some rut activity even if it's not the peak your still right close to it. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys. It’s good to have the first one in the freezer. I have a goal of taking a deer with each weapon this year. Tonight was probably my last bow hunt. On to crossbow Saturday. Threw a frozen milk jug in the cavity and letting it sit tonight. Will get it quartered up tomorrow after work. 

• Like 3

Checked the radar before going out this afternoon and it showed clear & no rain. I was in the stand 20 minutes and it started raining & didn't stop until after I got down. Saw one deer in the brush 40 yds. away that I could not identify. Had a BIG doe catch me moving in the stand as she came up the hill and she booked without a shot opportunity.

Got the freaking Mathews wet :banghead:

Congrats WNYBuckHunter and good luck with your quest with the different weapons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CanastotaCamo said:

My dad is coming to hunt with me next Thursday the 8th through Monday the 13th. Is this going to be too late for rut activity?

Probably not but if you are getting to hunt with your Dad that is more important whether you get or see anything.

Good Luck and enjoy your time together and make the best of it you can.

• Like 2

7 different bucks in real life? Sounds like a good 4-5 years for me

• Like 2

Thanks guys. It’s good to have the first one in the freezer. I have a goal of taking a deer with each weapon this year. Tonight was probably my last bow hunt. On to crossbow Saturday. Threw a frozen milk jug in the cavity and letting it sit tonight. Will get it quartered up tomorrow after work. 

Any pics of “sloppy Joe”? I’m a sucka for NT’s

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Any pics of “sloppy Joe”? I’m a sucka for NT’s

I don’t really post our bucks till they are dead. We’ve had trespassing issues in years past. Nothing is more of a downer to a season than spending it patrolling and not hunting. 

• Like 3

Sorry Biz...my buddy took this guy from 3S today - from THE SAME tree I took the doe from last night.

53fbf4b2d93c4422dd4def6e11c89f32.jpeg

He fed for 30 min directly under his tree and finally walked to 10 yards gave a slight turn and he got stuck - steep angle left lung and heart. - no pass through(stopped by heart!). He has the pic of the heart shot- pretty good!

Evercalm may be(okay IS) the real deal. He had two does feeding all evening with a pretty swirly wind- left them as "bait" and it paid off.

• Like 14

Sorry Biz...my buddy took this guy from 3S today - from THE SAME tree I took the doe from last night.

53fbf4b2d93c4422dd4def6e11c89f32.jpeg&key=0a051bff8c29e50aa13648f595a8257c8fe70b8e901abab0d5109f3a93ca2b7e

He fed for 30 min directly under his tree and finally walked to 10 yards gave a slight turn and he got stuck - steep angle left lung and heart. - no pass through(stopped by heart!). He has the pic of the heart shot- pretty good!

Evercalm may be(okay IS) the real deal. He had two does feeding all evening with a pretty swirly wind- left them as "bait" and it paid off.

Nice one! What town?

Cabin Fever , you and me both , all day hunt minus a lunch break , saw one buck on my walk in .My buddy called me while, walking out, " deer all over tonight , one came by every ten minutes ." ......

Tons of tracks walking along and across the path I leaf blowed yesterday .

Resting next two,days , washing hunting clothes, cleaning car, gym , a 14 hour OT shift and taking the wife out for our anniversary , so she can show me off.

Then hitting it hard for   Xbow .

With seeing so few bucks let alone good ones , makes me worry about what I may do  when a young one comes by .....

• Like 4