Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

What about all that cracked corn I saw you with walking out of the Walmart with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me. I wouldn’t bait unless it was legal. Then I would buy the best Texas Style Feeder there is and sit inside of it rather than watch it

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You are correct and He’s the master of the forum, unless the deer was shot in a food plot? I don’t remember.

You all have to remember too that inches of a rack means nothing. Number of points is what is cool. So mass, spread, etc is all out the window. 8pt, 11pt etc is all that matters.

At a 3 D shoot I once shot the head off a turkey and stuck it in a deer. If I do that in real life I think I should at least come in second.

I fry the meat. Flour, than dip in milk and egg, then flour with salt, pepper, onion, garlic powder mixed in. Throw in the pan, rotate sides. Then i sprikle some franks on it. Its like minuture boneless buffalo wings.
I do the same with bunnys

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hunting? It’s 73 degrees. Time to reopen the pool. I’m thinking about bikinis

I hope you don't have a bikini that matches those socks, please no pics!

11 minutes ago, bigpaul said:

I sure hope the hunting picks up because it's getting a bit weird on here.

I agree. Was gonna tell you guys I'm suffering in the office and relying on you all to show some dead deer.  Don't make me take tomorrow afternoon off and come out there!  I just got more tags and I'm not afraid to use them!  Lol

40 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The point system for street cred on this forum with respect to deer-hunting is as follows.

Does = 0 pts.

Bucks, as follows, PLUS the legal pts of the buck:

Rifle Gun from a treestand -5pts (e.g., 4pt would mean 11pt; 8pt would mean 3pt.)

Shotgun from a treestand -4pts

Xbow from a treestand -3pts

Compound from treestand -2pts

Traditional from treestand -1pts

Rifle from enclosed ground blind -3pts

Shotgun 0pt

Xbow 5pt

Compound 7pt

Traditional 10pt

Rifle from ground (not enclosed) 0pts

Shotgun 1pt

Xbow 10pt

Compound 15pt

Traditional 20pt

*note: foodplots or AG fields, etc. greater 1/8 acre in size automatically disqualifies the kill

Biz you should start a whats in you pipe tonight thread. How is a rifle worth anything 

Edited by sodfather
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bigpaul said:

I sure hope the hunting picks up because it's getting a bit weird on here.

Not all the hunters are out of the woods yet tonight, I'm thinking they're a few with bloody hands right now or are tracking a "Stevie Wonder" blood trail.

They'll be chiming in, shortly.

:)

Not all the hunters are out of the woods yet tonight, I'm thinking they're a few with bloody hands right now or are tracking a "Stevie Wonder" blood trail.
They'll be chiming in, shortly.

I get off the train in 14min so they better hurry up and post

Biz you should start a whats in you pipe tonight thread. How is a rifle worth anything 

I like to start my day with 2 key bumps of Tony yayo.

Midday - bath salts, of course

After dinner - oil pen from Colorado

• Like 2

I like to start my day with 2 key bumps of Tony yayo.

Midday - bath salts, of course

After dinner - oil pen from Colorado

I think the lack of seeing deer is starting to get to Biz.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Skunkerooni.  How many pts Biz?   I did sit all day through rain.  

That sounds like my posts of late, I no longer sit there waiting for a nice buck, but think it would be nice to see a doe !

Sat I'll be in a stand with the cross bow on an AG field . 

I may be on the verge of giving up..Lone doe at 5 ,but stayed in neighbor's hedge row. Then I saw it walk away..Though maybe it's going to pick up fawn...Sure enough about 5:35 she shows out by road with triplets. Long short they made it to the fence opening With one fawn on high alert looking my way..Why thank you you $!!--#---?/+) chipmunk. He decide to scurry here and there right under my stand making a racket. Then she caught something down the lane way towards Rivers blind. She spooked taking mom and siblings back into the hedge row....I waited and waited hoping it was the big buck ,when my alarm buzzed the close. 

I lowered the bow and strapped on the quiver,detaching to descend. 2nd ing down I look towards the lane way and catch a big body Danm! I decided if I hurried as quiet as possible I could get out before he came around e corner of the woods. 2  more rungs and clank...I froze and see two heads popup. Next thing 4 big doe are turning tails up with 3 fawn running back down the lane way. 11 deer and all so close.. 4 on neighbor 7 on us...I wonder why the one group spooked that fawn..

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I sat in a tree the last couple of hours of the afternoon. My buddy set me up in this spot,between hardwoods and a boatload of wild apples. Nothing for the first couple of hours,then I noticed a doe 50 yds away,no idea where she popped up from. She headed in the wrong direction. 

Now 5.30 came and went,i had grunted and rattled lightly and was standing up for the last half hour. I hear steps straight behind me of course,really close,then nothing. For a minute or two,so i started turning my head ever so slowly. Now a few more steps,and i see a buck! Then i see it is a six,he is coming in on my trail,being very cautious. 

Could have shot him a couple of times,he kept circling me the dummy. I did not want to end my quest for an at least two and a half year old buck yet. A little over two weeks left for that to happen. 

I hate to admit that this little guy would have been my biggest racked buck yet. 

O points for me for sure.

• Like 1

I think the lack of seeing deer is starting to get to Biz.

This is my first compound season ever. Ive seen deer almost every sit. I got no complaints, plus it’s warm weather and I hate the cold.

Best sit for me tonight since 2014.  Saw a nice 8 pointer, now that may not sound all too exciting to some, but I do not ever see big basket antlers....last time was when I got my big 7 in 2014.  Anyways, first big deer I ever drew my bow on. I did great, pulled the bow back while sitting down, then slowly stood up, and put my knee on the seat(cheesy cheap ladder stand), and followed him waiting for him to get out from behind these tiny branches.  He ended up turning, and walking away.  He was 10-12 yards out, so I was very happy for the encounter.  This is big for me because of the prosthetic arm, was always a bit nervous as to if I would be able to move around, and draw back in odd positions in different stands without spooking a smart older buck.  Hopefully he shows up again tomorrow. 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 21

One nice buck early and what appeared to be a couple lone fawns about 4:30 or so. Still waiting to see that first good chase take place! I will say, the buck today made take the bow off the hook and stand up!

• Like 1