Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I'm out in 7a as well up and set up just after 4. Got 45 and wind chill is 37 and rain.
It's perfect out!
Hit what looked to be a running track just barely in the woods off the lawn. I'll have to check that cam on way out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen a mature doe in the past week! Seen several fawns by themselves, wandering aimlessly. Private property and no other hunters, so the does aren't getting whacked either. Just saw another one wander by at 4:15.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I ended up having a spike and doe come in, I wanted to take the doe but she skirted my shooting lanes. Heard a ton of chasing and crashing in the bedding area north of where I was. There were a ton of deer out in the field when I left. I would say it was a pretty good sit. I looked through my trail camera card and not a lot of action in that spot over the last week. I’ll be sitting a different spot in the morning. Gonna try a great rut spot that I haven’t sat in 2 years. 

• Like 2

I saw three tails on the way in and one half rack spike from the stand.  A HECK of a big oak tree came down in the past few days.............it'll really mess up my vision from the stand of an area they frequently come from.  Life goes on............... :)

Good luck all.  Biz, I am holding out for a cougar too.  Anyone can kill deer.  Time to prove that cougars do exist in NY!

I’ve arrowed many a cougar in New York. I used to find them at my local watering hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 8