Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Well...back in a tree in 4K. Last chance with the crossbow. Hunted Saturday Sunday and Tuesday and barely saw any activity.  4 guys hunted the lease yesterday and said the chasing was crazy. Lots of movement...bucks chasing and grunting.  Hopefully the switch is on here. Even scoutlook says BEST under day hunting rate.  I don' t know what they go off off but it always says fair. We'll see what happens.  Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Congrats nice buck...

No morning hunt here woke again to no feeling in both arms and hands...So these sits are messing with the nerves in my back. Of course it was suppose to be steady rain and windy...it's beautiful out..warmer light breeze no rain...That sums up my bow season this year.

I am going to leave for Mendon a about an hour and try to stay the day . Weather looks to be crappy all day and some high winds at times . Havn't taken a shot yet this season and the X-bow is aching to de-cock on a deah ( Prince Andy's pronuncian ) . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Urbancowboy said:

Yessir saugerties Catskill area.   Not a big social media guy, not that I have anything to hide. 

I am the same way about social media, a lady who owns big tract of land behind me did a background check on me apparently,  because "it was wierd that its so hard to find info on you" she figured I was running from something, due to no FB, etc etc...  I told her this would be the LAST place I would be if I was running away from the law....why ask for hunting permission if I was on the run.  Amazing. 

• Like 2

Sitting in a double chair blind in Mendon. Not a lot of shooting lane to the side but the deer had been crossing this grassy field. I had seen them from the stand in the top of the picture. No rain yet but it is windy .3d69d64b827ada41223784149c059f46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Must be sight in your gun day. Gunshots ringing out all morning.  The Orange Army is preparing for battle.

I bet a quarter of those shots are at deer, people will just hang them in the barn till Saturday morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Well. I got to see what a deer looked like again.  Had a spike about 60 Yds out. I believe he was kicked out by a tresspasser.  I kept seeing movement on the opposite side of ridge and would lose it. Yup it was a person. Only one other hunting here today with me and it wasn' him. Wonder if that is why I stopped seeing deer.

Ran across the north field to pull a card quick. The boys have been busy over here...
606ef8e90480a21f64d2ccadf99b075a.jpg
ca59a19123e9b0d4c8fa07e8836615da.jpg
08cabe35308ddab0f9881b070251b430.jpg

Wife told me to get my ass out there and get the 10 pointer. I said I need to sleep but she disagrees. So I guess I’m gonna scent free shower and hit the woods. Sleep when I’m dead....or at least after hunting season.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Ran across the north field to pull a card quick. The boys have been busy over here...

Wife told me to get my ass out there and get the 10 pointer. I said I need to sleep but she disagrees. So I guess I’m gonna scent free shower and hit the woods. Sleep when I’m dead....or at least after hunting season.

I guess if it makes the wife happy you better do it.....poor guy....forced to hunt by his nagging wife. Lol. Good luck. Hope she's right. And even if she isn't she probably still is.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Who are you trying to fool, you’ll be catching some zzzz,s in the stand 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well folks I guess I didn't know how true my statement of likely done hunting for the season was the other day.
On here just trying to take my mind off stuff. Brought Judy to rgh by amb. This morning she is now going in for an angiogram. I knew when I saw the EKG that she had a heart attack. Now its up to the dr. To find out how much damage and if its stents or bypass as the next step.

Good luck everyone the rest of the season.... May be reading more just to keep occupied.

Shoot straight and most of all enjoy every moment as tomorrows are never a guarentee.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Sad 1